DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini or Mavic Pro 1?

MiniItaly

Reactions
For those who know...leaving weight and legislation to be discussed, better the new Mini or a used Mavic pro 1? Thanks...

For those who know...leaving weight and legislation to be discussed, better the new Mini or a used Mavic pro 1? Thanks...
The MP1 is a far better AC than the mini in every way. Occusync/signal strength/range, sensors, camera (raw photo capability and 4k), the ability to "customize" firmware, ability to handle wind, many third-party apps for flight (Litchi, Pix4d, etc.)

Reactions: THE CYBORG

IMHO the Mavic Pro despite being an older model is streaks ahead of the Mini, there is no contest.

• MP's Ocusync provides for significantly more reliable control system than enhanced wi-fi and has a greater range if you need it, you always get a good connection
  • MP can handle stronger winds and is a faster more stable platform
  • Battery life is similar
  • MP's DJI Go4 has matured into a reliable piece of software and has many more features than DJI Fly
  • MP has 4k video at 30fps @ 60mbs if you need it, MM is 2.7k @ 30 fps @40mbs.
  • MP has a range of camera features AEB and HDR camera plus more interesting quick shot plus pano, sphere etc.
  • MP has Active Track and Follow Me and other intelligent flight modes e.g. waypoints
  • MP Obstacle Avoidance and related sensors
  • MP Controller has a screen and many more function buttons, so you can easily fly without a phone or tablet
  • MP spare parts are easy to source
There are too many advantages to the Mavic Pro to list, it's in a higher league compared to the mini

I have both. Definitely prefer the Mavic Pro unless I really want to bring something small with me.

Just putting attention to buying a "used Mavic Pro". Buying a used drones implies a lot of trust into the previous owner, similar to buying a used car. And you don't know about the previous handling of batteries, if the previous owner has handled them with care for maximal lifetime or just used until a probably early death.
In case of a new Mavic Pro I agree with others here, it is the better drone, but in case of a used one things might be different...

Just putting attention to buying a "used Mavic Pro". Buying a used drones implies a lot of trust into the previous owner, similar to buying a used car. And you don't know about the previous handling of batteries, if the previous owner has handled them with care for maximal lifetime or just used until a probably early death.
In case of a new Mavic Pro I agree with others here, it is the better drone, but in case of a used one things might be different...
I agree with you, I asked a similar question and at the end I went for a cheaper and brand new Mini instead of a more expensive and second hand Pro. You’ll never know if it has been even used / stored / charged / properly. I’m perfectly fine for second hand electronics but a drone is a really fragile thing that can be dangerous if there are issues or malfunctions (I suppose).

You'd have to demo it , like buying a second hand car

I was suggesting a new MP1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman