DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini out in the wind

dr_dumi

Reactions
Have the drone for 2 weeks now and since today I was out of town, I wanted to test its behaviour out in the field while the wind was blowing a bit. Wind speed was 18 mph and the drone seemed to struggle at 140 meters altitude.

I wonder if mavic Pro or m2p, struggle the same at higher wind speeds?!? Already thinking for an upgrade [emoji2]

8m/s (approx. 18mph)) is what the Mini have as max. wind speed in the manual ... so not surprising that it struggles above that on higher altitudes. Furthermore it seems that the Mini have the least resistance to higher wind speeds of all in the Mavic serie ... just look at all problems in this forum that are connected to "Blow away's". Don't push the wind spec. with the Mini ... that particular drone will make you pay sooner or later.

I wonder if mavic Pro or m2p, struggle the same at higher wind speeds?!? Already thinking for an upgrade [emoji2]
My M2P uses battery quicker, and the app gives me a warning, but no problem flying it in 20-25 mph winds. Be sure to fly out against the wind and home with it. To avoid low battery forced landing.

Maybe you should find another hobby, it might be cheaper for you in the long run if you don’t pay attention to wind speeds [emoji23]

I find it normal to test its limits now in the beginning in order to set the right expectations in the long run.
Now that I know how and what type of wind is not suitable for the mini, I can adapt my fly accordingly.

Next test will be with the snowy days [emoji3]

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02