DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini persistant issues

I also have a Mini, as well as others, and have had 3 Mini uncommanded descents right in front of my very eyes. Thanks for the reply.
If you truly had 3 un commanded descents then they all should have been recorded in your logs, and you should have sent it back to get a replacement. If the drone malfunctioned then DJI will repair or replace it for you.

I already posted this on General. Maybe wrong place if so... my bad. But here is my take on this.... Repost.

I already own the Mavic Pro which I love. And Just got a Mini which is getting a bad review.

Despite many reports of crashes and bad experiences, Mini was my best bet financially so Im taking my chances . I took all precautions , updated software checked everything and had indoor flight.
I love it !. It hovers indoors solid and responds to commands perfectly. I do have prop guards on and adjusted settings for the extra payload. I can see its so light any wind is a bad idea for the mini. ANY WIND unfortunately.
Despite many bad reviews for the mini I think a lot of crashes are due to pilot error and not taking the time to adjust settings to the environment you are going to fly. Cant push this little guy and its not exactly "plug and play". Do a lot of research (here at our lounge) youtube and learn from others mistakes then fly. I did see a video where the prop guards can cause a problem even as new. I tested and it was right on the target (change all props if having issues). Change payload settings and other parameters. Adjustments will make a difference, know your aircraft well.
Good Luck !

Will consider that.

Doing it will definitely give YOU a first hand accounting of their response to customer complaints versus presumptions based on rando-people complaining online.

Most of the flyaways have been people
1. Doing 'range test' and crashing on return. (see #3)
2. Not allowing the Home Point to reset before flying off.
3. RTH altitude too low.
4. Flying outside the flight profile of the aircraft.
5. Not reading the freaking manual.

Data not submitted is data not counted.

You might want to slow down and take a deep breath before you decide to put DJI out of business over this, lol. One thing we do not know is the percentage of owners that actually have had a non-pilot error problem. Like everything else in life, you usually hear from the folks with the complaint as opposed to the ones without. Quite frankly, I'm very happy with my Mini!
I am also very happy with my MM and no complaints, even after the update. but I always pay attention to the messages for calibration, check the compass of my iPhone 6S and consult the UAV app for guidance.

Reactions: Bosco Bear
I've had my mini for about a month now and it has exceeded my expectations. The only thing I've noticed is that it tends to erroneously ask for a compass calibration on certain occasions after I power it up. Seems to be relatively stable in wind - within reason - for an aircraft so light. I like it in the sense that it allows me to fly in locations where I can't legally fly my P4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheungy691