DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Pilots...Gauging the Propellers

silverdragon

Reactions
Just a bit of advice. I have done this and it works out well and I found that I use this gauging method a lot more than I thought I would...

I purchased a set of 4 propellers and I keep them in perfect new condition and most importantly store them in a container so they dont get damaged.. Remember they are your gauges that you would use against the props installed on your Mini...

1 example: The front right prop was flattened a little that I compared the gauge prop too.. Yes it distorted from the case that came with the flymore package.. it was my fault. I was in a rush and closed the top down on it... the other three were in spec to the T.....

Like I said, this is my method of keeping perfect in spec props on my Mini...

Reactions: ff22 and vindibona1
I think this is a great idea. In fact, in another thread I was pondering if just storing props just in the plastic packaging they come in might distort them making them dangerous even if you think you're putting on brand new props? I have to go look for a suitable case, perhaps something like something woodwind players would store reeds in? Maybe an old Altoids box?

What I've learned just in the last couple of days I think I'll store the Mini in the charging dome so I don't have to worry about it sitting on its props. But it seems that it wouldn't be a bad idea to address case storage as well. I've got my spare props in a box that will prevent any pressure from being applied. I just had them in the plastic envelopes until now and just too much can happen without me noticing. Also I'm trying to find easy ways to keep the props in position with minimal pressure within the case. It seems that crossed, just under the gimbal allows the most natural resting place, And to insure that the drone isn't sitting on the props tucked underneath I've put a couple layers of scotchbrite, especially because I have leg extenders that push the back end up in the case.

In case you're wondering, the thingys on the side of the Mini are red and green strobes attached to the arms with small elastic hair ties (they work great!).

MavicMiniStorage_sm.jpg

Reactions: CommanderKJDF
I think this is a great idea. In fact, in another thread I was pondering if just storing props just in the plastic packaging they come in might distort them making them dangerous even if you think you're putting on brand new props? I have to go look for a suitable case, perhaps something like something woodwind players would store reeds in? Maybe an old Altoids box?

What I've learned just in the last couple of days I think I'll store the Mini in the charging dome so I don't have to worry about it sitting on its props. But it seems that it wouldn't be a bad idea to address case storage as well. I've got my spare props in a box that will prevent any pressure from being applied. I just had them in the plastic envelopes until now and just too much can happen without me noticing. Also I'm trying to find easy ways to keep the props in position with minimal pressure within the case. It seems that crossed, just under the gimbal allows the most natural resting place, And to insure that the drone isn't sitting on the props tucked underneath I've put a couple layers of scotchbrite, especially because I have leg extenders that push the back end up in the case.

In case you're wondering, the thingys on the side of the Mini are red and green strobes attached to the arms with small elastic hair ties (they work great!).

View attachment 108511
You seemed to have good ideas. Your doing your best to keep the Mini props from distorting... I guess we have to do what ever it takes to make sure we get to land the Mini's back at our feet.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andresc.castrog