DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini prop issue

Sorry guys was sending DJI an email, I will snap a few pictures with a ruler for reference and look close at the spacing of the motor. The drone has had no bad crashes. It did come in contact with the window trim when flying inside without prop guards on it. This was what wrecked the first prop. All props are on correct arms. That’s was the first thing I checked. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a wind problem?? Winds on the ground were nothing but maybe a couple hundred feet up they were worse??

I notice this prop damage on the rear today, I haven’t crashed. I’ve been flying this in some harsh wind conditions in all modes, i always check props before flight, it must have happened yesterday. it’s hovers perfectly still indoors with no vibration or misbalance.
any corresponding marks on the drones body

I notice this prop damage on the rear today, I haven’t crashed. I’ve been flying this in some harsh wind conditions in all modes, i always check props before flight, it must have happened yesterday. it’s hovers perfectly still indoors with no vibration or misbalance.
Take a look at the body of the drone, do you see any black smudges?

This is why a person should wait a year. Poor design which will probably be corrected.

I had this problem right out of the box. Changed new props to right front corner and it fixed the problem.

today, while the drone was flying, I started hearing a noise made by propellers clashing the shell.
I approached the drone to my position, but en error appeared: "engine error. Check propellers and drive carefully" (in Italian is "errore del motore. Verificare le eliche e volare con prudenza"). At this point the drone fell down to the floor because I had no control of it anymore.
Some days ago I already heard the noise of the propeller and I noticed that it was a bit damaged, so I changed it following the instrucions.
Now, checking the drone after what happened today, I noticed that the same propeller I changed some days ago is still damaged and I noticed rubbing marks on the shell (left front). They are exactly the same of the first post of this thread. How did you solve? Obviously I'm worried to fly now because it's very dangerous if the drone goes out of control like happened today.

It looks like you might have crashed the drone as it heavily marked, and that the prop motor is slightly off center to me. Is that possible ?
It looks like you might have crashed the drone as it heavily marked, and that the prop motor is slightly off center to me. Is that possible ?
clicking problem solved see check props discussion remove foam from arms. I used plastic spoon handles .. good to go ..

Attachments

• 20200217_064253.jpg
    20200217_064253.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
  • 20200217_063858 - Copy.jpeg
    20200217_063858 - Copy.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
I think that it could be that the front left motor just sits lower than the front right. It's like as if someone tightened it so much it just sits lower..

I'm very glad I don't have this problem with my Mavic Mini..

Hope you figure it out and fix it..

Cool cool

:cool:Thumbswayup

Good morning everyone,

Was curious if anyone else has had issues with the prop contacting the body/left front arm (one with Mavic Mini on it) of the drone. I’ve went through 4 props and at first thought it was a wind issue but this morning I went out, no wind and the 5th one shows signs of contacting the body and arm. I compared the screws that retain the prop and can see no issues, hole not straight etc.

The only thing I notice is a slight clicking noise when the left front arm is extended and retracted. Drone flies fine indoors and hovers flies fine slow outdoors but any fast movements forward/backwards will cause contact and a severe chattering noise. I’ll attach some pictures.

Thanks everyone for any help you can offer.
Have you fully extended the arm,have u crashed it in the past.could be a factory defect

Good morning everyone,

Was curious if anyone else has had issues with the prop contacting the body/left front arm (one with Mavic Mini on it) of the drone. I’ve went through 4 props and at first thought it was a wind issue but this morning I went out, no wind and the 5th one shows signs of contacting the body and arm. I compared the screws that retain the prop and can see no issues, hole not straight etc.

The only thing I notice is a slight clicking noise when the left front arm is extended and retracted. Drone flies fine indoors and hovers flies fine slow outdoors but any fast movements forward/backwards will cause contact and a severe chattering noise. I’ll attach some pictures.

Thanks everyone for any help you can offer.

We have been doing some testing since this subject came up considering the Wet Suits adds 1/16 th Neoprene cover to the Mavic Mini and we have done several test trying to get those props to smash into the drone.

Even when its wet and near frozen the Props show a lot of room above the Mavic Mini

We did notice that these screws are very small and that props tended to be a little loose even after making them a little tighter.

So the Wet Suits do offer Prop Covers but only to make the Props Tighter not to raise them and to block debris from getting inside the motors.

The Wet Suit Prop Covers keep the Props so tight that they do not spin freely but together as a single prop meaning it no longer folds in unless forced a little.

The design flaw may be the screws our just to small to really snug up the props.

The Mavic Mini wet suit Prop covers solve that issue by making the props tighter.

When we compared the aluminum ones that you can purchase on ebay, they also block the motors from debris but the wide open screw holes do not allow you to get the props any tighter.

Something to consider in these Prop alerts that keep showing up on the forum.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.

For those asking if the tighter props have changed the flight characteristics , nothing that we have noticed..

Last edited:
I sent my mini to Netherlands for repair. They replaced these 2 components.
-3-in-1 Flexible Flat Cable
-Power ESC Board Module

Today it will come back.... I hope it's OK!!

Has anyone else found what is causing this or found a resolution? I have been having this same problem for the last few days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike