DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic mini props

zombie

Reactions
Hi After purchasing a mavic mini my first few short flights (just up and down) resulted in motor speed error and bck motor beeping. I changed props as suggested and tried again ….after one short flight again same message so changed props again.
Is this a problem with the props and is there a replacement prop that can stop this issue...…..going to need a box full of replacement props if this continues....

Reactions: Gbpro
IMO, after last firmware update, the trigger point was set too low. I never got the "Motor ESC" alert until after the update, and now I've seen it three times. Checked props for damage and continued flying without issue...YMMV.

Can this be corrected via update..... seen lots of complaints now I have researched a little.
Bit off putting when you are told to land immediately??

There is a real problem.
I think storage / prop holders that press the thin props against the bottom of the drone are part of it.
Unlike the Air 2 where the props are pretty rigid and touch at the tips for support against the body both top and bottom, this is only true of the Top Front Props on the mini. The bottom have a gap that some cases and even prop protectors bend until pressed against the drone body.
I even after the update have never seen the ESC error.
I use only DJI props AND I use a guard that parks the drops at the right distance from the base. And that doesn't put pressure on the rear motors.
The DJI official protector I noted also straps the top and protects the bottom. I don't think this is by mistake.

Reactions: Nonprophet
Do necessary pre-flight checks, especially in the settings for home point, calibration (if required again) and other settings like payload mode (which tells mini if you equip the flight cage for indoor flights, given the added weight). Although, as mentioned above, for me - make sure the firmware is upgraded to the latest version, it solves a lot of out-of-box problems with flights people have experienced.

RoOSTA

Reactions: jnatt
Just downgrade to the previous firmware ,then install the most recent firmware. That sould do it. It did for me. You may also try clicking on REFRESH if you are using DJI assistant 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR