DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini reliable?

evereddie

Reactions
I have been a Mavic Pro owner for 3 years. Looking to add a mini but I’m a little nervous about the number of issues I have been seeing on various posts. I’m curious if there may be issues with the drone or if many of these are pilot errors. It seems the latter leads the cause of issues which happens with new operators who may perceive this as more of a toy than a more serious machine. I would appreciate any feedback before I move ahead. This is a great group and I value your feedback. Thank you.

Reactions: NAVMAV
i think most are flyer error. obviously flying in a more densely populated area will lead to signal issues cause theres more interference .

I have been a Mavic Pro owner for 3 years. Looking to add a mini but I’m a little nervous about the number of issues I have been seeing on various posts. I’m curious if there may be issues with the drone or if many of these are pilot errors. It seems the latter leads the cause of issues which happens with new operators who may perceive this as more of a toy than a more serious machine. I would appreciate any feedback before I move ahead. This is a great group and I value your feedback. Thank you.

My advice, is to get the Mini 2 , there is a reason why DJI came out with this version of the stronger motors.

Wind warnings , Wind issues, Wind and the battery power , Wind is a constant that needs to be negotiated as a pilot, having stronger motors is smart and safe.

Normally I would recommend you purchase two units : This increases your odds that you will get one that it good right out of the box.

If your trying to save some money buy 1 mini and 1 mini 2 if it delights you and surprises you than send the Mini 2 back home unpacked , but if frustration sets in , open gift box number 2. ?

We minimize disappointment by buying 2 of everything .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain

I’ve had the Pro since it came out. Got the mini and was disappointed being used to the Pro and MP’s before that.
Wind is the biggest issue I saw as far as new flyers. I knew how to deal with it so not a issue here. Had I waited just a little longer i
believe had I got the Mini 2 I would have been happier . Am not a fan of the fly app and lack of
modes, not being able to change expo’s and just a few other things. Don’t get me wrong it’s nice for what it is it is just not for me. I wanted a back up and think I will be getting the Air 2.
JMO I if you would go for the Mini 2.

I have a MM and a MA both are great.. it is like everything they have limitations.. but I have not seen most of the problems reported.. I fly them within their limits, and for the MM that is mostly avoid gusting wind.. it seems ok in steady strong wind.. I would like a MM2 fir the stronger motors but if its windy I just use the MA

Reactions: Dbez1
A little picky this morning..are we. ?
emoji41.png
Isn't there a huge difference?...I don't have either. I had no interest in the Mini but i've fighting the urge with the 2 ;)

Isn't there a huge difference?...I don't have either. I had no interest in the Mini but i've fighting the urge with the 2 ;)

Arguably a huge difference.... all depends on what DJI sponsored you tubers you watch... having said that. I have a platinum and spark... I am also thinking about the mini 2.... not sure if that is considered a upgrade... time will tell.....

Reactions: hiflyer201
I have had my Mini1 for almost a year now totally without issues. I have well over 200 miles on it and really enjoy the hobby. If there’s one small gripe I have, it is the limiting use in high winds. There are days I’d like to fly but just can’t. If money is limited, I highly endorse the MM, if not, go for the Air2 or Mini2. Range on my MM is a non issue since I started using Yagi combined with parabolic reflectors. And yes, when you peel back all the layers of reasons for crashes and fly-always, most are either pilot error, or the MM should not have been up in the first place. There are a few legitimate problems but some can be solved by not storing it in the case as that can deform the propellers. Best wishes!

Range on my MM is a non issue since I started using Yagi combined with parabolic reflectors.
I just use the default antennas and I’ve yet to lose the signal before I lost sight of my Mini so range is not a problem if you stay legal.

Reactions: Dbez1
My first DJI was a phantom...after several years a M2Pro...then a MM last November that I liked so much tat I bought my nephew one for last Christmas and a Mini2 this November.
The mini was pure fun. I fly from the boat a lot so I get good distance, but the MM is nowhere near the distance of the Mini2. That's because of Ocusync2 (or however it is spelled). I must say that the M2 (as I like to call it) feels like a tank in the air ,in a good way, when compared to the MM. I have flown in winds up to 25 MPH for short distances and I am truly amazed at how stable it still was. I don't recommend doing this, but it's nice to know the limitations of your bird. If you are deciding between the MM and the M2, my earnest opinion is the M2 all day long. Good luck and let us know what you pick and how you like it.

Careful on the model shortcuts. Since you mentioned the M2Pro, I can't tell completely by context if by M2 you mean M2(Z/P) or MM2.

The only issue I’ve had with my Mini1 is the Fly More case being a poor design which caused my rear props to be flattened thus throwing a code. Flown it over the ocean, at 7500ft altitude, anywhere. No issues. I’d love to upgrade to a Mini2 though!

The only issue I’ve had with my Mini1 is the Fly More case being a poor design which caused my rear props to be flattened thus throwing a code. Flown it over the ocean, at 7500ft altitude, anywhere. No issues. I’d love to upgrade to a Mini2 though!
mini 2 a nice upgrade. my local bestbuy had a display model. the arms are more rigid and it doesnt feel like a cheap toy inthe hand like the mini 1 does

Careful on the model shortcuts. Since you mentioned the M2Pro, I can't tell completely by context if by M2 you mean M2(Z/P) or MM2.
OK, then I said 'as I like to call it' and the thread is about the Mini and the Mini2. Kinda thought someone would mention it as I thought about it later. But I think the message made it across and you didn't disappoint. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting