DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini remote cable extension

Ger

Reactions
Im looking at getting a tablet instead of using my phone for my mini. I found a few android tablets that will work and are quite inexpensive to buy. Has anyone tried an OTG micro usb to USB adapter cable? It looks like this should work and would allow any charging cable to be attached giving you several feet of cable to spare. I was thinking of using this setup for setting my tablet on the dash inside my vehicle when flying.

Im looking at getting a tablet instead of using my phone for my mini. I found a few android tablets that will work and are quite inexpensive to buy. Has anyone tried an OTG micro usb to USB adapter cable? It looks like this should work and would allow any charging cable to be attached giving you several feet of cable to spare. I was thinking of using this setup for setting my tablet on the dash inside my vehicle when flying.
That cable will work fine, however if it is to long, may cause possible interference between the controller and tablet. What length cable are you looking for? The less, the better is preferred and recommended.

I’ve been trying to find the same thing for my iOS as I do that with my M2P. Works great with that .
You beat me with your post DM , I use a 4’ one and no issues
but can’t say on this mini yet.
1FCAAE61-01BC-453B-874F-60C30D983BFD.jpeg

Reactions: Drone Master
at least 2 to 3 feet. I just found a video on tube of a guy using this cable adapter connected to his iPad mini. Seemed to work well for him but I couldn't understand what he was saying as it was in a foreign language lol.

Having the same issues with cabling our 8" Lenovo pad to our new Mini. We use the same set-up when flying our Mavic Air. The problem is finding a longer ( 4-5 inch) cable with the proper connecters from the controller to the tablet (It appears to be a standard cell phone cabling.

Lots of reference to "this cable" without presenting the cable being mentioned.

Anyway, only the Mini doesn't have a full A USB port in the bottom. All the rest can use any data cable suitable for their device that they would use to connect to their PC.

For my mini, I used a micro OTG adapter so I can use any cable. However the adapter and cable puts stress at the connections so I may switch to custom OTG cables with right angle ends.

Right now I 'm using a one meter long usb OTG cable for controlling my Mini.

I'm using too a micro-to-usb-C adapter due my samsung smartphone Galaxy A40 connector.

Both works perfect together.

If you are looking for a ready-to-use cable, take into account OTG side of the cable (red connector) should be connected to Mini controller NO AT PHONE SIDE.

R.

lindy othg usb cable.jpg
Amazon.com: LINDY 1m USB 2.0 OTG Cable - Black, Type Micro-B to Micro-B: Computers & Accessories

usb micro to c adapter.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...Adapter+-+Black,+4-Pack&qid=1584001933&sr=8-1

Right now I 'm using a one meter long usb OTG cable for controlling my Mini.

I'm using too a micro-to-usb-C adapter due my samsung smartphone Galaxy A40 connector.

Both works perfect together.

If you are looking for a ready-to-use cable, take into account OTG side of the cable (red connector) should be connected to Mini controller NO AT PHONE SIDE.

R.

View attachment 96432
Amazon.com: LINDY 1m USB 2.0 OTG Cable - Black, Type Micro-B to Micro-B: Computers & Accessories

View attachment 96433
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Micro-Female-USB-C-Adapter/dp/B07Q46FD9Y/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=AmazonBasics+Micro+USB+(Female)+to+USB-C+(Male)+Adapter+-+Black,+4-Pack&qid=1584001933&sr=8-1
Thanks for the tip. I tried using the small otg adapter from my galaxy s7 on the mini without success. It can plug into the remote, but just barely and at a slight angle. I don't think im able to push it in all the way for a proper connection and im not seeing an image on the tablet.

Attachments

• 20200312_114131.jpg
    20200312_114131.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
I just watched a utube video yesterday were a fellow used an extension micro to micro (I believe he said) B. Anyway, it was male to female. He got it from Amazon.

Reactions: EddieVee
I just watched a utube video yesterday were a fellow used an extension micro to micro (I believe he said) B. Anyway, it was male to female. He got it from Amazon.
yes, I finding out there are different ways this can be accomplished. Problem is not a single electronic store in my city has the adapter I need. BESTBUY sells the adapter I need but its an online only purchase.

I just noticed that the Mavic Mini remote has a micro usb type b on one end and type a on the other. Im not sure if it makes a difference when ordering my adapter. They both fit in the same hole but type b is rectangular shaped.

Lots of reference to "this cable" without presenting the cable being mentioned.

Anyway, only the Mini doesn't have a full A USB port in the bottom. All the rest can use any data cable suitable for their device that they would use to connect to their PC.

For my mini, I used a micro OTG adapter so I can use any cable. However the adapter and cable puts stress at the connections so I may switch to custom OTG cables with right angle ends.
are you using an adapter with micro usb a or b that fits into the remote? The supplied cable is micro usb b (rectangular) going into remote. Does it make a difference?

I got one from RC Geek for my iPad mini, but they had several different flavors.

I just noticed that the Mavic Mini remote has a micro usb type b on one end and type a on the other. Im not sure if it makes a difference when ordering my adapter. They both fit in the same hole but type b is rectangular shaped.
Actually A is rectangular. B is trapezoidal, like it would be on a phone.

I have found several cables on Amazon US of various lengths. You will look for a OTG with the proper connectors. Here is an example that works for me, to begin your search: cable for MM. Of course, they have it for Android, as well. This length works for me, with my tablet on a Mavmount. Hope you find this helpful.

I am using this USB C version and like it. The rc side is even the squared version of the. Micro USB that dji likes so much.

Hanatora 3.66 Inch Nylon Braided Remote Controller Type c Phone Cable for DJI Mavic Mini/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom/Mavic Air/Mavic Pro Platinum,OTG USB C Data Android Cord Accessories(Type-c Connector) Amazon.com: Hanatora 3.66 Inch Nylon Braided Remote Controller Type c Phone Cable for DJI Mavic Mini/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom/Mavic Air/Mavic Pro Platinum,OTG USB C Data Android Cord Accessories(Type-c Connector): Industrial & Scientific

I have found several cables on Amazon US of various lengths. You will look for a OTG with the proper connectors. Here is an example that works for me, to begin your search: cable for MM. Of course, they have it for Android, as well. This length works for me, with my tablet on a Mavmount. Hope you find this helpful.
Thanks. So I guess it doesn't matter that the micro usb going into the remote is type b then?

Last edited:
Actually A is rectangular. B is trapezoidal, like it would be on a phone.
Ah, you are correct. Amazon canada doesn't even list a micro cable that is usb type A. Hope it doesn't matter if its type B going into the remote because that's all I can find.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot