DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Repair: 40 pin board header replacement

ChettyBear

Reactions
1#
Hello,

Long story short, while repairing my drone after a crash I damaged one of the board headers badly for the signal transmission connector (circled in the image below, this is not my image and does not show the actual damage). Good new bad news: I happen to have a great micro soldering setup but I for life of me cannot find the part # for the board component. If any one knows or has a general idea it would be much appreciated. It's a 40 pin connector, I've read some similar repairs on the forum for 34 & 50 pin headers where the header is taken from a donor cable. I have yet to find a source connector that has the 40 pin header on it.

I already bought a replacement mini, so this will likely be a one time fix and I don't mind if the repair goes sideways. I've also considered splitting the cable and soldering it directly to the pads but that's worrisome given there's likely some high speed bus on this connecter. Has anyone ever faced a similar issue, if so how did you approach it?

Thanks!
073702nfghwbb1fq10wwtz.jpg

Google usually works fine for me.

Identification:
O-Gs wiki - core board parts

Shopping:
Use Aliexpress. You may want to check which phones use the same connector, it is way easier to find specific connectors by searching phone brand names.

1#
Hello,

Long story short, while repairing my drone after a crash I damaged one of the board headers badly for the signal transmission connector (circled in the image below, this is not my image and does not show the actual damage). Good new bad news: I happen to have a great micro soldering setup but I for life of me cannot find the part # for the board component. If any one knows or has a general idea it would be much appreciated. It's a 40 pin connector, I've read some similar repairs on the forum for 34 & 50 pin headers where the header is taken from a donor cable. I have yet to find a source connector that has the 40 pin header on it.

I already bought a replacement mini, so this will likely be a one time fix and I don't mind if the repair goes sideways. I've also considered splitting the cable and soldering it directly to the pads but that's worrisome given there's likely some high speed bus on this connecter. Has anyone ever faced a similar issue, if so how did you approach it?

Thanks!
073702nfghwbb1fq10wwtz.jpg
hi, Did you ever find the correct connector for the 40 pin. I need the 40 and the 34.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98