DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini sensor error

new2mavic

Reactions
This is the first time I saw the "sensor error" message on the DJI FLY screen and I have no clue what it is. I was flying between tall buildings when it appearead. The GPS was weak for sure but there was nothing wrong and the craft was completely under control. After I flew away from the builldings the message disapppeared. Anyone know what it is ? The .DAT and .TXT files were attached.

Attachments

• 2020-02-22_11-32-51_FLY097.DAT
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-22_[11-33-22].txt
    536.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hmm ... wouldn't call this a wise flight from what's seen from the logs.

In this flight you had a lot of errors, most of them related to the very poor Navhealth.

You had:
-Position errors (the broad blue colored fields)
-Velocity errors (the thin green fields)
-GPS Consistency errors (the pink fields)
And in the end also a compass error.

1582377342877.png

All the "Sensor error" messages came in relation to GPS signal weak ... my guess is that the "sensor error" message is a generic one, this time related to the GPS.

1582377898736.png

Furthermore you had big Yaw/magYaw disagreements in the beginning of the flight ... they started at 5sec but self corrected at 98sec once you got away from the building due to that no mag interference were present during IMU initiation luckily.

1582378255103.png

Last edited:
Reactions: new2mavic
I'm hope somebody else who can be authoritative will answer this, too.

I think 'Sensor Error' flashes on a Mavic Mini when it can't quite figure out what's under the downward vision sensors, and it's easily confused by flying lower over dark, shaded areas and surfaces lacking texture or objects.

We've got a dark driveway through a wooded lot and flying over it, especially when it's shaded in the morning or afternoon, will reliably flash the Sensor Error. The Mini doesn't buck or jump at all, but if I hover over the dark area it will drift some and Sensor Error goes away when it gets back over the shrubbery.

I'm sure this isn't the only source of Sensor Error, but my Minis seem very sensitive and want to warn when they cant sense objects or texture...

I'm hope somebody else who can be authoritative will answer this, too.

I think 'Sensor Error' flashes on a Mavic Mini when it can't quite figure out what's under the downward vision sensors, and it's easily confused by flying lower over dark, shaded areas and surfaces lacking texture or objects.

We've got a dark driveway through a wooded lot and flying over it, especially when it's shaded in the morning or afternoon, will reliably flash the Sensor Error. The Mini doesn't buck or jump at all, but if I hover over the dark area it will drift some and Sensor Error goes away when it gets back over the shrubbery.

I'm sure this isn't the only source of Sensor Error, but my Minis seem very sensitive and want to warn when they cant sense objects or texture...
This flight were conducted from a roof from a very high building (HP on 73 meters altitude) in Hong Kong mid day in broad daylight ... the VPS were active in a correct way during take off & landing and my belief is that the VPS had nothing to do with these sensor messages in this case.

If the VPS in anyway could give these errors for instance due to lost GPS connection & the VPS couldn't give a reading due to either height or lack of light the flyCstate should show ATTI mode.

Furthermore my guess is that the "sensor error" message is a generic one ...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+