DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini spark

Come on Justin, give us more details as of what you did to make this franken drone. The 3S has 11.4V and the 2S just 7.4V. How did you make it work? Any ESC modinfications or board transplants? What did you do to make the battery be accepted by the Mini in terms of communication via I2C?

There are so many questions..

Reactions: WooZie
Come on Justin, give us more details as of what you did to make this franken drone. The 3S has 11.4V and the 2S just 7.4V. How did you make it work? Any ESC modinfications or board transplants? What did you do to make the battery be accepted by the Mini in terms of communication via I2C?

There are so many questions..

It's fairly difficult but simple... Spark battery without casing fits very very snug in mini...

Mini will turn on with the spark battery stock. Spark battery plugs right in.. however the escs will not initialize.....

Here's the difficult part.
1. Turn on mini with stock battery let escs initialize
2. Plug in 2s external battery
3. Remove stock battery
4. Turn on spark battery
5. Plug spark battery in
6. Quickly remove 2s external battery... Gets really hot
7. You're set to fly.

Would there be any benefit using just spark motors and props and using the factory 7.4 mini battery?

Also on what Mini did you transplant the motors? One where you previously drilled to accommodate the Anafi ones or a stock one ?

Would there be any benefit using just spark motors and props and using the factory 7.4 mini battery?
This will not work because stock battery doesn't supply enough voltage for spark motors to keep the mini more than 3 inches off the ground

I am now sporting mavic air motors and props. Works on 2s and 3s... This is getting fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_233805.jpg
    IMG_20200129_233805.jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200129_233802.jpg
    IMG_20200129_233802.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200129_233755.jpg
    IMG_20200129_233755.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: ppmk and netsonic
I am now sporting mavic air motors and props. Works on 2s and 3s... This is getting fun.

Thats awesome Justin! I have been following you and Fly far and wide on youtube. Great stuff!

How would you say the mavic air motors and props compare to the spark ones and can you run the air motors with the stock battery?

Thats awesome Justin! I have been following you and Fly far and wide on youtube. Great stuff!

How would you say the mavic air motors and props compare to the spark ones and can you run the air motors with the stock battery?

Yes the air motors can be ran with stock battery. However you have to use master air screw props for the mavic air... It has a little steeper pitch which the mavic air motors require to fly the mavic mini. However with this setup you will only see around 24min flight time with stock battery. The mavic air motors are they way to go in my opinion. I didn't get much use out of the spark motors.
Check out my 1 hour hover with mavic air motors and master air screw props

It's fairly difficult but simple... Spark battery without casing fits very very snug in mini...

Mini will turn on with the spark battery stock. Spark battery plugs right in.. however the escs will not initialize.....

Here's the difficult part.
1. Turn on mini with stock battery let escs initialize
2. Plug in 2s external battery
3. Remove stock battery
4. Turn on spark battery
5. Plug spark battery in
6. Quickly remove 2s external battery... Gets really hot
7. You're set to fly.
Will I have battery info with spark battery?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr