DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini sudden mode switch to confirm landing

• Thread starter Deleted member 114080
  • Start date
Can one even calibrate the downward senor on the Mini? The other Mavics can, but they have OA sensors as well as VPS so VPS is included in the OA calibration.

Dirt on VPS camera or IR height sensors?
IR interference from what was down there on the ground?

If we solve this, might also help solve what causes more than usual unexpected descent over water.

Can one even calibrate the downward senor on the Mini? The other Mavics can, but they have OA sensors as well as VPS so VPS is included in the OA calibration.

[I could not find calibrate sensors in the menu, I didn't find it.... yet/beside IMU and compass]

Dirt on VPS camera or IR height sensors?
IR interference from what was down there on the ground? IR or US ....

[No dirt on the sensors, but it could. I carry the MM in my pocket, Always]

If we solve this, might also help solve what causes more than usual unexpected descent over water.

[Hope so, it scared me. The M1 and the Spark can also act strange and disconnect, but not 6 times in just a minute or so..]

Last edited by a moderator:
(DJI) Your request (2581XXX) has been received and we will contact you as soon as possible. - I made a ticket, let's see what they come up with. I tried to get more specific info and experimented with some online programs. With phantonhelp I could come up with info below. Shows the hickup in the beginning of the flight.

View attachment 92836

You can ignore those - it was still refining the position solution.

And here, at 9 m46.8 s at 152.9 ft it suddenly, without any input it decides to land, Why ? View attachment 92839

9m 46.8sForced Landing19satellites152.9ft0mph21.5ft56%7.236V3.618V3.618V0V

I already explained why that happened - you had full down throttle applied and the vision system altitude reading went below 1 m.

Excuse me, I am just an amature.

I might had full down trottle because the MM did not respond to anything, and decided to land.
The drone was up 43 meters kicking in 6 times Confirm Landing.
So there was a sort of sensor glitch telling the drone it was on landing height and kicked in Confirm Landing.

There exactly is the problem. It was not at landing height.
So where or why the MM decided to land at that height, regardless if I was pulling the trottle or not, that is the question.
Hope that DJI can answer that specific question, you did not answer that. @sar104

I might had full down trottle because the MM did not respond to anything, and decided to land.
So there was a sort of sensor glitch telling the drone it was on landing height and kicked in Confirm Landing.

So where or why the MM decided to land at that height, regardless if I was pulling the trottle or not, that is the question.
Hope that DJI can answer that specific question, you did not answer that. @sar104
Sar104 has answered why it wanted to land. The sensors on the bottom of the drone were registering that it was just above something and the behaviour when holding full down stick whilst reading that is to land.

I tried utmost to quit landing 6 times. So you agree it is a sensor error...
It was impossible to control the drone whatsoever so I was willing to land it manual. But Confirm Landing kicked in 6 times at height.
Pilot error then....I don not believe it.

It was impossible to control the drone whatsoever so I was willing to land it manual. But Confirm Landing kicked in 6 times at height.

It is clearly a sensor error, not a pilot error. I thought that we established that back in post #11.

I guess I'm not clear what you think I didn't answer.

Nobody has suggested pilot error, something is wrong ?

I have seen the MM show "sensor error" when on ground or idle. I thought perhaps it was low light and/or downward sensors very close to the ground. Still not sure though what it was referring to by sensor.

Perhaps there is a bug with the vision sensor.

The vision sensor window is quite tiny. Perhaps dirt is in the way?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear