DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini support is the worst I’ve ever had to deal with and still nearly a month later I have no resolve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty normal for any GPS device on first startup at a new location, far away from the previous one. Shouldn't take that long the next time...
Today I put that advice into practice and in 2 minutes I had already obtained more than 10 satellites, it is incredible that thanks to this forum I am training in this world.

Reactions: Thomas B
..I've seen on numerous videos that mini loses satellites lock while in flight, pretty dodgy tbh

Today I put that advice into practice and in 2 minutes I had already obtained more than 10 satellites, it is incredible that thanks to this forum I am training in this world.
personally wouldnt fly with at least 12 satellites locked on, best 18 ..but thats just me :)

Without the flight logs there is no way to know if the OP has a legit complaint or if DJI is correct in their assessment. If the drone was directly overhead it's very possible the signal could have been lost but easily recovered by simply reorienting the controller so that the antenna are facing toward the drone. The other obvious question was whether or not the home point was set.

Without the flight logs there is no way to know if the OP has a legit complaint or if DJI is correct in their assessment. If the drone was directly overhead it's very possible the signal could have been lost but easily recovered by simply reorienting the controller so that the antenna are facing toward the drone. The other obvious question was whether or not the home point was set.
Exactly striaigh up overhead is a definite no no. It may lose control with the controller.

Exactly striaigh up overhead is a definite no no. It may lose control with the controller.
If you have your antenna orientated correctly you shouldn't lose connection even if its straight above you. Read the manual on how to place your antenna

..I've seen on numerous videos that mini loses satellites lock while in flight, pretty dodgy tbh

Sure you're not confusing radio signal between the controller and aircraft with GPS?

I watched at least 20 and not one mention of this sooo, I'd say nah.
No one mentioned it, look at gps lock on the top of the screen

Sure you're not confusing radio signal between the controller and aircraft with GPS?
Seriously.... on every screen recording you can see gps lock drop ...

Seriously.... on every screen recording you can see gps lock drop ...

Not on mine. Satellite count fluctuates but that's normal as the number and position of the satellites in view at any given moment is always changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne