DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini to Samsung S10 phone

Motorcycle Rider

Reactions
Please forgive my ignorance, I am the opposite of a tech person.
I want to buy a phone holder that raises my phone up, and holds it, which would require a longer cable, but don't know what specific cable to buy. It would be connecting my Samsung S10, to mavic mini remote. Does that cable have a type name?

Also what is a good hood to putnon the S10, I can't see the screen in bright sun.
Thanks for helping a newbie, with his first drone.
Cheers Martin

The cable needs to be USB Micro on the controller end, and USB-C on the phone end. Same setup as mine. I'd like to hear what others recommend for a sun shade for the S10 as well.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
USB-C to USB-B (Micro USB) cable. Something like this: Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: AmazonBasics USB Type-C to Micro-B 2.0 Cable - 15.2 cm - Black

As far a sunshade I was going to get one however I started using a parabolic range extender and found that it gave the little bit of shade I needed: Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: O'woda Foldable Signal Booster Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Extender Remote Controller Signal Enhance for DJI MAVIC PRO / SPARK / MAVIC AIR / MAVIC 2 Pro & Zoom

Also on Samsung handsets, the standard screen brightness on an S10 it normal set to around 80%, and it should "turn up" when it is sunny outside, however in your controller the ambient light sensor "May" be covered a little. I'm an iPhone user so I may be wrong (and I'm not at work to check) but have been selling Samsung handset for the last 20 years and I can confirm that the ambient light sensor's on the latest A and S range Samsung isn't always the best. My advice would be to turn off Auto brightness and manual turn in to 100% and see if it makes a difference. I'm sure you have checked that already but just to be sure. ??

I bought this: PremiumCord USB 3.1 C - USB 2.0 Micro-B, 0,2m w Morele.net and not working me. I dont know why. When connected via this cable, the phone switches to charging mode, but the DJI Fly app informs that there is no communication between the RC and the phone.

Looks like you may have got a power-only cable, not a data and power cable from what I can tell (with translate).

Send it back... and go again.

Can someone recommend a good one available from Amazon please?
About a foot long would be great, if possible.

20200603_133001.jpg20200603_133001.jpg
Bought this through Amazon, it only charges my phone off my remote, does not allow them to share data.
Any recommendations are appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming