DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini uk

About 900 feet on the beach...

Put it into FCC mode seems to work ..lots of videos on it on youtube

Using the same UK spec model I've acheived 1150m in a rural area with very little other wifi about to cause interference. Signal was still OK so I could maybe have gone further, but a claim to be flying in visual line of sight beyond that kind of distance could be easily and scientifically refuted :confused:. This was on 2.4ghz. On 5.8Ghz usually start getting signal dropouts by about 700 - 900m.

Using the same UK spec model I've acheived 1150m in a rural area with very little other wifi about to cause interference. Signal was still OK so I could maybe have gone further, but a claim to be flying in visual line of sight beyond that kind of distance could be easily and scientifically refuted :confused:. This was on 2.4ghz. On 5.8Ghz usually start getting signal dropouts by about 700 - 900m.
That's what I've heard too, the 5.8Ghz is very low power compared to the USA spec, I believe the early models could be GPS hacked to high power 5.8Ghz, but not later models. I had to try the range out of curiosity and 1.2 km is more than enough. If I wanted more I'd send out my P3Pro or Mavic pro, this tiddler is not about range..

Interesting start to your dji minis life, testing its distance. Do you guys test your new smartphones waterproofness?

Interesting start to your dji minis life, testing its distance. Do you guys test your new smartphones waterproofness?
LOL, I hear what you're saying.. RTH is the equivalent to having a big bag of silica gel close at hand, but much more likely to work.

Reactions: NG Wildman
I've been out around 800-900M in a semi-urban area. But my RTH was about 15M higher than the tallest trees with loads of battery left and flying with the wind on return.

3km is good going for the CE model! Did you use any enhancements to the stock antennas (reflector/clipon yagi/external antenna)?

3km is good going for the CE model! Did you use any enhancements to the stock antennas (reflector/clipon yagi/external antenna)?
No, I was very surprised myself. I'm new to all this and only have the mini combi set no add ons. I was flying out to an island so I guess hardly any interference

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin