DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini uncontrolled spin and crash

Sorry to hear about your crash. I regret not having subscribed to Care Refresh because my mini lost complete connection and flew away from only 300 meters away.

Bitterly disappointed.

After 39 great flights, after a short flight today my MM spun out of control and crashed into a tree directly below it.
It took off from my home fine, all systems checked out, home point was set and I flew up to about 80 feet and started flying towards the lake. I was going to check out the ice fishing activity on the lake. As it approached the lake I heard a strange sound, like feathers ruffling, so I stopped and observed it was flying ok. I turned around and flew back overhead and listed for anything unusual. It sounded normal so I headed back to the lake over the tree line on the shore. All seemed normal then it suddenly started to descend and started spinning out of control. It hit a tree directly below it and broke the right front landing leg and the gimbal came loose breaking one of the electrical connections. This was my first DJI drone. I have been flying the cheap little toy drones for a few years to practice my fly by sight skills. Very disappointed it hit the tree, if it reached the lake it would have crashed into the snow with probably less damage. I have DJI care so I’ll need to report the crash to them soon.

This is the link to the video of the crash. I have the DAT file but I’m unable to upload it at the moment.

I have to read on in the thread to learn what happens later.
Watching the video my first thought is the compass or prop coming off.
I'll read onward . . .

Sorry to hear about your crash. I regret not having subscribed to Care Refresh because my mini lost complete connection and flew away from only 300 meters away.

Bitterly disappointed.
Care refresh would not have helped in your case as you need a dead drone to send back to DJI.

After 39 great flights, after a short flight today my MM spun out of control and crashed into a tree directly below it.
It took off from my home fine, all systems checked out, home point was set and I flew up to about 80 feet and started flying towards the lake. I was going to check out the ice fishing activity on the lake. As it approached the lake I heard a strange sound, like feathers ruffling, so I stopped and observed it was flying ok. I turned around and flew back overhead and listed for anything unusual. It sounded normal so I headed back to the lake over the tree line on the shore. All seemed normal then it suddenly started to descend and started spinning out of control. It hit a tree directly below it and broke the right front landing leg and the gimbal came loose breaking one of the electrical connections. This was my first DJI drone. I have been flying the cheap little toy drones for a few years to practice my fly by sight skills. Very disappointed it hit the tree, if it reached the lake it would have crashed into the snow with probably less damage. I have DJI care so I’ll need to report the crash to them soon.

This is the link to the video of the crash. I have the DAT file but I’m unable to upload it at the moment.

My mini 3 did that same exact thing. I was a little higher in altitude, a little foggy, and around 35 degrees F.

My mini 3 did that same exact thing. I was a little higher in altitude, a little foggy, and around 35 degrees F.
Hi there & welcome to the forum.

If you want to know what happened in your particular incident you should create your own thread instead... & there attach the .TXT flight log. Use this site --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help they will explain where you find the log that is stored in the screen device you flew with... retrieve the log & upload it there & then share the link they provide once uploaded.

Then some early indications regarding "the same exact thing"... all drones that loses thrust for some reason will be coming down, so just because your drone came crashing down doesn't mean that the reasons was the same as in the OP's incident.

In your case prop icing is more likely... you both had a ambient temp around the freezing point & you had free moist in the air (fog)... it's not recommended to fly during conditions like this.

Reactions: RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet