DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini unexpectedly went into ATTI mode again

Raylance

Reactions
My Mavic Mini went into ATTI again today. The first time was Jan 11th and was my 27th flight and I was able to fly it successfully back home. Today was my 74th flight and it happened again with same error codes with an additional critically low battery message that initiated autoland. (I had 40% a second before) At that point I did not have any control and I watched the drone hit a tree through the video feed.

Besides the prop damage I dont see anything physically wrong with the drone. I really believe there is an issue with my mini and now I do not trust it.

Let me know your thoughts
I am attaching the flight data.

If you can share the .TXT and .DAT flight log files, members here will be able to let you know more about their thought. Follow this thread to get the files : Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

One thing I would like to point out is that you did have control in the autolanding process. You have applied full forward elevator for most of the time and the craft did move forward and towards the home point. You have also applied throttle up momentarily for several times and every time you did so the craft stopped descending and ascended slowly. If you could just keep the throttle input to stop the descent, there was a very high chance that the craft could be brought back to the home point. The craft was just 222 meters away from home in the last record.

try here for pro. analyst..............https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129&filter=author&orderby=dateline&typeid=712

Just like last time the dat folder is empty so I can not upload it.

It looks like I had control and I did until the autoland. At that point the drone pitched left and I could not correct it. It just kept going farther away. Where the map shows the drone is not even close. It ended up approximately 3000ft away from the home point.

I am going to contact DJI and hope they are able to repair or replace the mini. I started a repair request and it looks like I need to send it to them. Is this the correct way to go about it?

Just like last time the dat folder is empty so I can not upload it.

It looks like I had control and I did until the autoland. At that point the drone pitched left and I could not correct it. It just kept going farther away. Where the map shows the drone is not even close. It ended up approximately 3000ft away from the home point.

I am going to contact DJI and hope they are able to repair or replace the mini. I started a repair request and it looks like I need to send it to them. Is this the correct way to go about it?

The location was wrong because it stopped updating position after switching to ATTI mode.

Is there a way to have DJI check the flight logs without shipping the drone to them? It would be nice to know if they deem this warranty or claim nothing is wrong.

Is there a way to have DJI check the flight logs without shipping the drone to them? It would be nice to know if they deem this warranty or claim nothing is wrong.

You can send them the logs and/or the error messages, but based on that list I think you need a new drone:

java -jar /Applications/TxtCon.1.0.0.jar /Users/~/Dropbox/DJI/Flight\ records/Airdata/Raylance\ 2/DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-09_\[10-12-15\].txt
0.0 5.4 1HOMEPOINT UPDATED. RTH ALTITUDE ADJUSTED TO 150FT)
8.4 199.6 JSTRONG WIND WARNING. AIRCRAFT UNABLE TO FLY STABLY. LOWER ALTITUDE IMMEDIATELY AND MANUALLY RETURN TO HOME)
199.6 WSTRONG WIND WARNING. AIRCRAFT UNABLE TO FLY STABLY. LOWER ALTITUDE IMMEDIATELY AND MANUALLY RETURN TO HOME(CODE: 30149)
199.6 STRONG WIND WARNING
203.2 223.5 IN FLIGHT
241.3 4AIRCRAFT IN WARNING ZONE (AIRPORT). FLY WITH CAUTION)
246.4 300.9 )WEAK SIGNAL. ADJUST ANTENNAS(CODE: 80016)
300.9 WEAK SIGNAL. ADJUST ANTENNAS
304.1 IN FLIGHT
851.6 4AIRCRAFT IN WARNING ZONE (AIRPORT). FLY WITH CAUTION)
857.4 876.5 6NAVIGATION SYSTEM ERROR. RESTART AIRCRAFT(CODE: 35112)
876.5 6NAVIGATION SYSTEM ERROR. RESTART AIRCRAFT(CODE: 35112)
876.6 6NAVIGATION SYSTEM ERROR. RESTART AIRCRAFT(CODE: 35112)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)
876.6 NO GPS. FLY WITH CAUTION
877.5 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)6NAVIGATION SYSTEM ERROR. RESTART AIRCRAFT(CODE: 35112)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)
877.5 BATTERY DATA COMMUNICATION ERROR
877.6 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)6NAVIGATION SYSTEM ERROR. RESTART AIRCRAFT(CODE: 35112)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)
877.6 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)
878.7 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)IAIRCRAFT IN ATTITUDE MODE. UNABLE TO HOVER. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30004)
878.7 VGPS SIGNAL WEAK. SWITCHED TO ATTITUDE MODE. AIRCRAFT UNABLE TO HOVER. FLY WITH CAUTION)
880.1 4COMPASS OR GPS SIGNAL WEAK. CHANGED TO ATTITUDE MODE)
880.5 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)IAIRCRAFT IN ATTITUDE MODE. UNABLE TO HOVER. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30004)
880.5 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)IAIRCRAFT IN ATTITUDE MODE. UNABLE TO HOVER. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30004)
880.5 909.3 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)IAIRCRAFT IN ATTITUDE MODE. UNABLE TO HOVER. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30004)
911.1 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007)IAIRCRAFT IN ATTITUDE MODE. UNABLE TO HOVER. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30004)
919.5 <CRITICAL LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE. AIRCRAFT LANDING AUTOMATICALLY)
919.5 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007))CRITICAL LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE(CODE: 30035)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)
928.7 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007))CRITICAL LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE(CODE: 30035)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)
929.5 KBATTERY COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION. REINSTALL BATTERY. IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, REPLACE BATTERY.(CODE: 110007))CRITICAL LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE(CODE: 30035)AGPS SIGNAL WEAK. HOVERING UNSTABLE. FLY WITH CAUTION(CODE: 30002)

i had the same issue today - here is a link for more info

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423