DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini video cache files disappearing even if they take up little

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi,

I love reviewing my Mavic MIni video recordings at DJI Fly Gallery. I know they are low-resolution, but looks great at my Android mobile screen and are enoght for sharing at social media.
mavic mini video cache files.jpg

But I'm suffering an annoying problem. As I record new videos, older ones dissapears from gallery by themselves.

I found a setting at DJI Fly app, into camera settings, called 'Max video cache size'. I set it to max (16Gb), but older video files are still deleted after each flight :(
dji fly cache settings.jpg

Using an Android file explorer app I realized video cache files at DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/video only fills about 900Mb. I can't understand what reason my older video files are automatically deleted !
mavic mini cache video 1.jpg

I'm using up to date Dji Fly app version (1.0.6) spanish languaje from january 15. I checked plenty of free space (20Gb) at my smartphone main memory.

Can you help me ?

All the best

R.

It happend to me again :(

After a succesfull flight, I realized more older video files were automatically erased from DJI Fly Gallery.

Current folder DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/video holds 24 files and 895Mb (less than 1Gb)

What can I do to force DJI Fly app not to delete any file from this folder ?

Any help is welcome.

R.

Are you sure the numbering system on the file naming isn’t set to start at 1 every time and hence it overwrites each time ..

Reactions: raulmavic
Are you sure the numbering system on the file naming isn’t set to start at 1 every time and hence it overwrites each time ..

Thanks a lot for your advice !

I don't know where file naming mask setting is located, but I'm pretty sure that's not causing any problem, becouse my video files are named using hour and date, please see attached picture.

It's hard to me think nobody is suffering this problem like me.

R.

mavic mini cache video files.jpg

Did you check how much space left you had on your device?

As said, 20 Gb free left into main storage smartphone (no SD memory card inserted)

I think I have enought free space for mavic video cache files.

I can't understand why DJI Fly app is erasing older files and ignores settings :(

Please, can somebody confirm having more than 1Gb of video cache files in their smartphone ?

Thanks a lot

R.

Issue still happens to me. Only 1 Gb of video files stays at cache.

But I found a workaround !

If you open and save any video cache file into DJI Fly editor, it becomes permanent. That way you can preserve any of them.

R.

This started to happen to me recently after 6 months of flying, Some files were in fact "corrupt" in that it only showed the name but nothing was there. I've increased the Cache from 2 to 8 GB just in case. But even before this, only about 1GB was in use. Curious if anyone else has this issue and why it would begin suddenly. I had not changed the firmware or S/W versions, so there must be something else.

Get yourself an SD card and set the default for new videos to the card

I am not using an SD card on the phone. It's all going into internal memory. The SD card on the drone has lots of room as well. It's not clear to me what you are asking me to try?

I am not using an SD card on the phone. It's all going into internal memory. The SD card on the drone has lots of room as well. It's not clear to me what you are asking me to try?
If you pur an SD card in the phone and set it as the default location to save photo and video to it may solve the problem of cache size......I think ?

Many Android phones do not have a SD card slot. iPhones etc..... don't have a SD card slot either.

Correct, not all phones have an external SD card, but I can't see how that would solve the issue, since it's been working for nearly 5 months using internal memory, and also I've continue to erase very old cache files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO