DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini was not returning HOME.... I hope it is not a problme.

palo34

Reactions
What can possibly change the home location.
Today I was flying the mini, and I probably made a mistake, and change the home location because, he was going away. lucily I still had good signal in NYC wifi hit interference....

What can possibly change the home location.
Today I was flying the mini, and I probably made a mistake, and change the home location because, he was going away. lucily I still had good signal in NYC wifi hit interference....
You might want to be more specific in your description of the event.

I want to know what are the different ways to RTH can be changed after take off.
I was flying about 500 Meters, and press RTH.
Notice the drone ascended to the designated altitude, and started going to me.
I saw an error about the Max power reached a few times however, there was barely wind where I was.
Noticed that I was flying about 110 Meters up.

I was able to bring the drone back, but did not keep the 110M altitude...

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks, I think I found out the reason.
The update Home locatio updaes the home location to where i located.
I think I updated the home location in flight.

Reactions: Capt KO
You'll need to provide the TXT file and the DAT file for the good folks here to help you analyze what happened during the flight. The more descriptive you can be will also help.

Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

Concerning your question about how "RTH can be changed after take off" is a bit vague. You can not "change" RTH, but you can cancel it.

What you can do is update your home point during the flight.

I saw an error about the Max power reached a few times however, there was barely wind where I was.
Noticed that I was flying about 110 Meters up.

The winds aloft can be significantly different at 360 feet as compared to the surface. RTH is not a magic bullet and in many cases it might be the wrong thing to do.

Reactions: Thomas B
You might want to become acquainted with UAV Forecast. It’s a free app and you’ll learn much about what’s really going on above you. It’s not perfect but it’s better than trying to eyeball the wind at 300+ feet. I’m glad you got it back safely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear