DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini was stuck on treetop for 7 months! Would it still fly?

Nice save. I asked some questions in the YT comment but I'm not sure I'll get a notification so I'm going to ask here also because I think we might all benefit from your answers some day:

What was the stick made of, and how long was it (it looked to be light-weight)?

My Mavic Mini was stuck in a tree for 5 weeks. During that time it was subject to wind, rain and freezing temperatures. Oh, and also it fell 45 feet to the ground. But to my surprise this Mini survived and is flying normal. Before this adventure I also crashed it a few times but this little guy is tougher then me.

GREAT story. A word of caution though, WD 40 gets sticky after a while so I would strongly recommend re-lubing it again with a light weight oil.

? amazing the universal use of WD40, seems it's everywhere.
Great example of the robustness of the little fella. I presume no moisture in the lens?
bemeek11 i presume you'd use some sort of alcohol based product to clean off the WD40 given it's an oil based product?

Nice story. Gives me hope.

I am looking to recover my crashed Mini after a year, post-COVID and when they start cutting the grass to either restore the MTB trails or do a new housing development. Hopefully, it will still be alive by then unless it gets crushed first by a tractor. ?

? amazing the universal use of WD40, seems it's everywhere.
Great example of the robustness of the little fella. I presume no moisture in the lens?
bemeek11 i presume you'd use some sort of alcohol based product to clean off the WD40 given it's an oil based product?
Only two things are needed to fix everything, WD40 and duct tape. If it’s supposed to move and doesn’t, use the WD40 and if it moves and isn’t supposed to, use the duct tape.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams