DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini: Why Flyaways occur & how to stop them

Ian in London

Reactions
I've seen too many posts on Mavic Minis getting into difficulty with seemingly light wind and some being blown away and lost.
This video shows why it's more susceptible to wind than the larger models and how to stop them being blown away. Some of it is common sense but new flyers should find it useful and save their Mini to fly another day.... :)
Ian

@Wellsi another great video Ian thanks for the info i am sure it will help new and old flyers to keep their MM safe

Reactions: Ian in London
no it should be me thanking you,i have watched many of you informative videos over a long period of time and have always found your style and presentation easy to understand

Great video ........ now if we can just work on that accent a bit. ha ha ??. I always enjoy the British slang, and actually like the accent. Thanks.

i am seriously thinking of adding the mini to my large fleet (1) of aircraft.

Fly-Away Recovery Best Practice: If you have to do a distant-point landing, try to pause about 8' above the ground and use the camera to grab a 360° orienting shot.
It could make the difference in actually finding your drone and searching for a long time.
That's an extremely good idea.... Getting a head height view of things instead of bird's eye....

Reactions: old man mavic
Great video ........ now if we can just work on that accent a bit. ha ha ??. I always enjoy the British slang, and actually like the accent. Thanks.

I don't think I'd do a very good californian accent.... :) But at least I put everything up in both metric and imperial measurements :) Try and keep everyone happy!

I don't think I'd do a very good californian accent.... :) But at least I put everything up in both metric and imperial measurements :) Try and keep everyone happy!
yes you measure up on both sides of the pond

Reactions: Ian in London

I gots me a Mini for Christmas, my very first Drone ever! I absolutely love this lil baby drone, its the ultimate lil flier! I fly at the office even during my lunch break, I just tell my colleagues its a toy and they let me fly a full battery.

This lil drone is just perfect for new pilots, I would imagine its really awesome for the pros as well.

:)

Reactions: old man mavic
I gots me a Mini for Christmas, my very first Drone ever! I absolutely love this lil baby drone, its the ultimate lil flier! I fly at the office even during my lunch break, I just tell my colleagues its a toy and they let me fly a full battery.

This lil drone is just perfect for new pilots, I would imagine its really awesome for the pros as well.

:)
there is nothing wrong with the mini ,as long as you understand it limitations, and remember it is not a mavic 2 pro or zoom or MPP or MP1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech