DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini wifi signal indicator

Reactions
Does anyone notice if the signal indicator shows a weak signal when you get the warning? Mine always seems to show full bars regardless of actual signal strength.

I agree, compared to the really working signal strength indicator within GO4 app and Ocusync drones the indicator within Fly app for MM is almost worthless.

The indicator is a complete [deleted by mod]. I just rely on the intereference / weak signal warning messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine goes from full bars to zero, it's never a gradual thing

Does anyone notice if the signal indicator shows a weak signal when you get the warning? Mine always seems to show full bars regardless of actual signal strength.
I have gotten the weak signal warning when I still had a good video link and the signal indicator showed full strength. The weak signal warning was just momentary. I rotated so the controller was properly facing the drone and everything was fine.

Note that there are 2 separate signals involved here. The first transmits from the remote controller to the drone and carries control instructions to the drone. The 2nd is a transmission from the drone to the rc. It carries the video downlink. Generally, it is the first to fail, probably because it is trying to carry far more information.

It is quite common to have no video and perfect drone control. Obviously depending on the conditions, you can ascend to get a better angle above ground obstacles, or fly back towards the controller.

All of this assumes proper antenna orientation for that particular moment in the flight.

Note that there are 2 separate signals involved here. The first transmits from the remote controller to the drone and carries control instructions to the drone. The 2nd is a transmission from the drone to the rc. It carries the video downlink. Generally, it is the first to fail, probably because it is trying to carry far more information.

The FIRST one fails? I'd have thought the SECOND signal carries far more data???

You are entirely correct. My wording wasn’t good. The video downlink usually fails first, followed by the control link.

Reactions: RSDonovan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi