DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini will only detect and connect if phone is in flight mode

dronefromsector7g

Reactions
Hi guys it it normal that my Mavic Mini will only ever detect the remote and connect to the drone if my phone is switched to flight mode first?

I have even tested it while it has been connected in flight mode, to then activate data, and it will instantly disconnect the remote and drone.

Have I got a dud? Or is my phone the dud?

Not to sure about the phone but I do know it has to be 64 bit and android 6 minimum

Should be OK but I have heard of others having problem with them. TBH I'm not entirely sure maybe someone else on here can give you more info.

Doesn't sound normal. I regularly use cellular data while flying and not had a problem on my Galaxy S10, running android 11. Can you connect the remote and drone together and fly without your phone connected?
Is it a mini1 you have? If so, is it on manual wifi band select or auto? (go to the ... menu in upper right of screen >transmission > Channel Mode). Also, have you tried switching off just wifi, or just cellular data on your phone. Flight mode typically deactivates all radios (WiFi, bluetooth, cellular data) and it may be just 1 of these is causing issues.

Last edited:
I haven't tried flying the drone without connecting the remote to a phone device.

However I did borrow a mate's iPhone 6 Plus and it worked flawlessly. It was the first time after months of ownership that the remote connected to the phone without hiccup.

So it is definitely the Pixel 2 XL that has an issue with connecting to the remote. Time to get a new (old) phone I think.

Reactions: Micka35
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada