DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini wont turn on after water damage

fgalvez714

Reactions
I took my drone to the beach, and it was acting weird, and malfunctioning after a day of using it. Then it got sprayed on by a wave, but I think the damage was already done, since it had been tweaking since early in the morning. Sending back patchy video, with green glitches on the screen.

Anyways, I got it back, and dried it up, and turned it off, but sadly forgot to remove the battery. The drone all of the sudden turned on by itself, and I kept trying to turn it off, but haven't been able to turn it back on since then.

I've done an alcohol wash, opened it up, and removed some white corrosion I noticed up top. Then I put it in rice for a couple of days

Also, the GPS is a weird brown color.

When I try to charge it again, I can feel the drone getting warm, but no lights turn on.

Any chance I might be able to fix this on my own, I'm in a pretty remote place overseas, so getting it fixed by a professional would be pretty hard at this point.

Sorry, but if you’ve already found corrosion and the battery wasn’t removed straight after the incident the damage has already been done. You would have needed to remove the battery first and rinse away the sea water as soon as possible, if it’s had time to cause corrosion you now own a doorstop or desk ornament.

I took my drone to the beach, and it was acting weird, and malfunctioning after a day of using it. Then it got sprayed on by a wave, but I think the damage was already done, since it had been tweaking since early in the morning. Sending back patchy video, with green glitches on the screen.

Anyways, I got it back, and dried it up, and turned it off, but sadly forgot to remove the battery. The drone all of the sudden turned on by itself, and I kept trying to turn it off, but haven't been able to turn it back on since then.

I've done an alcohol wash, opened it up, and removed some white corrosion I noticed up top. Then I put it in rice for a couple of days

Also, the GPS is a weird brown color.

When I try to charge it again, I can feel the drone getting warm, but no lights turn on.

Any chance I might be able to fix this on my own, I'm in a pretty remote place overseas, so getting it fixed by a professional would be pretty hard at this point.

As already stated, too late. Using rice is an Internet myth - it has nowhere near enough absorbency to dry a drone.

The GPS you mention is the GPS antenna, which is coated in a very thin layer of cadmium. It is normal for it to look tarnished but more so if it is exposed to moisture.

As already stated, too late. Using rice is an Internet myth - it has nowhere near enough absorbency to dry a drone.

The GPS you mention is the GPS antenna, which is coated in a very thin layer of cadmium. It is normal for it to look tarnished but more so if it is exposed to moisture.
Esp salt water spray which is very corrosive.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22