DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini?

Vzr1

Reactions
@Vzr1 the device would fit on the MM the shells are the same externally,the biggest issue you would have ,is the power of the MM versus the upgrade that the Mini2 offers ,in terms of its ability to fly in higher wind conditions ,dont forget the MM is going to have a hard time, not just with the extra payload of the device ,but also the drag that the line would cause as you got further away from the take off point
to be really honest with you if having a drone for line dropping ,especially in an ocean setting
on a regular basis, is what you are after, then a more powerful drone such as the Air2 would be a better alternative

Reactions: Vzr1
@Vzr1 the device would fit on the MM the shells are the same externally,the biggest issue you would have ,is the power of the MM versus the upgrade that the Mini2 offers ,in terms of its ability to fly in higher wind conditions ,dont forget the MM is going to have a hard time, not just with the extra payload of the device ,but also the drag that the line would cause as you got further away from the take off point
to be really honest with you if having a drone for line dropping ,especially in an ocean setting
on a regular basis, is what you are after, then a more powerful drone such as the Air2 would be a better alternative
I contacted Gannet Drone Fishing they said they don’t make them for the mini, what a mistake it was to sell me dji phantom standard for a mini ?

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi guys im looking for an attachment to drop my fishing line in for my mavic mini.

I remember reading in the Spark Forum of someone using a picture hook as a drop device for the Spark.

Perhaps something similar could be done with the Mini.

He would fly out with tension on the line and hit the brakes or back up quickly to release the line.

20181028_074338.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000