DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro eBay Prices : Why the 7-Fold Price Discrepancy for New Ones on eBay?

Conservative Nihilist

Reactions
Browsing through eBay as I am prone to doing now and then, my attention was riveted on a number of DJI Mavic 3 Pros being advertised in the very affordable price range of $340 and $450 USD.

Scanning down the eBay page of Mavic 3 Pros for sale, I also noted the same exact make and model with the same exact list of accessories, going for 7-fold that price range. This got me wondering why this same identical drone is selling for such vastly different prices on the same eBay platform. Here are a couple of such ads that I encountered which left me scratching my head. First is the $339 priced Mavic 3Pro with two batteries and a controller.

DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine with DJI RC Pro (high-bright screen),Free Shiping | eBay

Next in the eBay link below is the exact SAME drone selling for an eye-watering $2,455 USD, which is over 7-times costlier than the same identical model advertised in the first link I pasted above.

I scrutinized the two advertized Mavic 3 Pro models for sale at such enormously disparate prices, but thus far have not spotted anything that could explain such a gigantic price discrepancy between two identical drones both advertised literally on the same web page. I sure would love to hear from anyone who can shed light on this baffling price difference. I am sorely tempted to buy the $339 priced Mavic 3 Pro, being the cheapskate that I am, however I decided to ask around here to see if there is anyone that can explain why such an attractive price is being offered by one seller but not another, for the exact tame product. Thanks in advance for any thoughts that can be shared on this question.

Wow, eBay is going down the tubes. I counted about FIVE Mavic 3 Pros all in that ridiculously low price range. I got scammed a while back when I paid for a Mavic 2 Pro that never showed up. Had a devil of a time getting eBay to grant me a buyer protection refund. The scammer was so sophisticated that eBay tracking was faked to show a delivery which never occurred. This scam appears to have spread on eBay. That is a bad development because every one of my DJI drone fleet models was purchased on eBay. I might have to stay off that site now. Wow!

eBay is not for everyone. But if you are very good at detecting fake items, you have nothing much to worry about. eBay is only perilous for those that are unarmed or unequipped to deal. I sell a lot on ebay as well.

I sure would love to hear from anyone who can shed light on this baffling price difference. I am sorely tempted to buy the $339 priced Mavic 3 Pro, being the cheapskate that I am,
They're called scams, and they proliferate on the internet...yes, even on eBay. I'm a cheapskate too but I know better than to think I can get a $3,000 drone for less than $400. Glad you thought better and came here to ask before you lost money on eBay! 🙂

Last edited:
Browsing through eBay as I am prone to doing now and then, my attention was riveted on a number of DJI Mavic 3 Pros being advertised in the very affordable price range of $340 and $450 USD.

Scanning down the eBay page of Mavic 3 Pros for sale, I also noted the same exact make and model with the same exact list of accessories, going for 7-fold that price range. This got me wondering why this same identical drone is selling for such vastly different prices on the same eBay platform. Here are a couple of such ads that I encountered which left me scratching my head. First is the $339 priced Mavic 3Pro with two batteries and a controller.

Next in the eBay link below is the exact SAME drone selling for an eye-watering $2,455 USD, which is over 7-times costlier than the same identical model advertised in the first link I pasted above.

I scrutinized the two advertized Mavic 3 Pro models for sale at such enormously disparate prices, but thus far have not spotted anything that could explain such a gigantic price discrepancy between two identical drones both advertised literally on the same web page. I sure would love to hear from anyone who can shed light on this baffling price difference. I am sorely tempted to buy the $339 priced Mavic 3 Pro, being the cheapskate that I am, however I decided to ask around here to see if there is anyone that can explain why such an attractive price is being offered by one seller but not another, for the exact tame product. Thanks in advance for any thoughts that can be shared on this question.
Definitely scams.
I've bought lots of DJI stuff on eBay, including a Mavic 3 and a Matrice M30 for great prices - but from DJI dealers. The Mav 3 was a brand new Care Refresh replacement and the Matrice was a complete new kit minus the batteries that I purchased elsewhere.
B & H Photo and Adorama are also safe places to buy from.

I looked closely at a Matrice 30 going for a great price from another seller - but I was skeptical about their feedback (it can be faked). I did a Google image search on their photos and it turns out they were lifted from the Russian Aliexpress site. Definitely a scam. When the seller didn't respond to questions I had about warranty, etc., I knew to stay away.

Watch out for eBay supports fraudulent vendors, greedy for commission ! When you complain they ignore your request.
When eBay first opened up I bought something for$500 it came without software and no accessories, yes I was robbed of $500 that was 1993 or 1994.

Definitely scams.
I've bought lots of DJI stuff on eBay, including a Mavic 3 and a Matrice M30 for great prices - but from DJI dealers. The Mav 3 was a brand new Care Refresh replacement and the Matrice was a complete new kit minus the batteries that I purchased elsewhere.
B & H Photo and Adorama are also safe places to buy from.

I looked closely at a Matrice 30 going for a great price from another seller - but I was skeptical about their feedback (it can be faked). I did a Google image search on their photos and it turns out they were lifted from the Russian Aliexpress site. Definitely a scam. When the seller didn't respond to questions I had about warranty, etc., I knew to stay away.
As Quiet as it’s kept, there are quite a few of them on there with that price! Use PayPal like I do!

I tryed buying one for that price last week, 339.00 plus 100 shipping. Well the owner cancelled my order. So it’s a scam of some sort

I tryed buying one for that price last week, 339.00 plus 100 shipping. Well the owner cancelled my order. So it’s a scam of some sort
You lucked out that the bogus seller chickened out and canceled your order. If you had actually made that payment, you would then have faced running the gauntlet at the mercy of eBay's highly skeptical claims department.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You lucked out that the bogus seller chickened out and canceled your order. If you had actually made that payment, you would then have faced running the gauntlet at the mercy of eBay's highly skeptical claims department.
Do an eBay search on "DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine" for completed items and you see at least a dozen listings similar to the one in the OP where a couple of drones at a time were sold. Each of them from a fresh, new account with no feedback. It's a known scam by eBay and you can tell because even after the auctions are completed, the listing has been removed by eBay so they are aware but they seem to be slow about fixing it. In all of those instances, buyers will get refunds without have to do anything. Has happened a few times to me where I thought I was getting a pretty good deal only to have ebay cancel on me and tell me the listing was no good, here's your money back.

i saw the exact same style listing for a mini 2 and an air 2s, great price, stock photos, and the description was copied right from dji.

All scams. There were a rash of them yesterday. I reported like 8 of them.

Yes lots of scammers, but were any of those listings an auction? I am probably stating the obvious, but some people will start out with low prices to attract bidders in the hopes of a bidding war.

Yes lots of scammers, but were any of those listings an auction? I am probably stating the obvious, but some people will start out with low prices to attract bidders in the hopes of a bidding war.
No that wouldn't be suspicious. I do that myself usually starting bidding at $1. These were buy it now by brand new sellers.

No that wouldn't be suspicious. I do that myself usually starting bidding at $1. These were buy it now by brand new sellers.
Yes I have one I bid on mavic 3 cine, fly more package. I won bid and payed 1200.00. I’m still waiting on results, they have till 9/26 to give me drone…

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd