DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro eBay Prices : Why the 7-Fold Price Discrepancy for New Ones on eBay?

Yes I have one I bid on mavic 3 cine, fly more package. I won bid and payed 1200.00. I’m still waiting on results, they have till 9/26 to give me drone…
I'm surprised people still bid on these fake listings and give the opportunity for the scammer to get away with finding a way to keep the money. You're never going to get a drone because the kit doesn't exist so it's not whether it's a possibility it will ship or not, there is no kit. Criminals are using stolen credit cards and sure you will probably get your money back from ebay or the credit card company but you never know what happens to the victim who could be someone elderly. Not even DJI takes 20 days to ship a drone, giving them until the end of the month only allows them to put more time and distance between the fraud.

Even if you got a shipment with a drone, what will you do if you discover the drone is blocked and cannot be activated because DJI knows it is stolen?

I'm surprised people still bid on these fake listings and give the opportunity for the scammer to get away with finding a way to keep the money. You're never going to get a drone because the kit doesn't exist so it's not whether it's a possibility it will ship or not, there is no kit. Criminals are using stolen credit cards and sure you will probably get your money back from ebay or the credit card company but you never know what happens to the victim who could be someone elderly. Not even DJI takes 20 days to ship a drone, giving them until the end of the month only allows them to put more time and distance between the fraud.

Even if you got a shipment with a drone, what will you do if you discover the drone is blocked and cannot be activated because DJI knows it is stolen?
Sorry to make you so mad, I’m looking for a drone and bought one on eBay using PayPal. It was 1300.00. I’ve bought 100 other things on eBay and all was well. No risk, no reward!!! O yea!!! PayPal covers you!!! So if a place don’t take PayPal then I don’t buy..

Sorry to make you so mad, I’m looking for a drone and bought one on eBay using PayPal. It was 1300.00. I’ve bought 100 other things on eBay and all was well. No risk, no reward!!! O yea!!! PayPal covers you!!! So if a place don’t take PayPal then I don’t buy..
I am not mad. Just a little surprised that you don't seem to care much about the real victims that end up hurt because of fraud that you willingly participate in. If you didn't know that, understandable but something tells me you know someone else is getting ripped off but if you don't know them and you personally benefit from that, you're ok? It's your call, don't worry about me. :(

I think you are confused about what "if a place don't take Paypal..." actually means.

I was answering a question that was asked, all that tough tony talk I don’t know where it’s coming from . I guess paying 1500 for a drone is being inconsiderate of other people. Or you’re just an old man with nothing else to do argue

I was answering a question that was asked, all that tough tony talk I don’t know where it’s coming from . I guess paying 1500 for a drone is being inconsiderate of other people. Or you’re just an old man with nothing else to do argue
Sounds good. Good luck with your transaction. I don't know the details on what you got going on over there so I could be way off base. Have a good day, hope you get your Cine.

Browsing through eBay as I am prone to doing now and then, my attention was riveted on a number of DJI Mavic 3 Pros being advertised in the very affordable price range of $340 and $450 USD.

Scanning down the eBay page of Mavic 3 Pros for sale, I also noted the same exact make and model with the same exact list of accessories, going for 7-fold that price range. This got me wondering why this same identical drone is selling for such vastly different prices on the same eBay platform. Here are a couple of such ads that I encountered which left me scratching my head. First is the $339 priced Mavic 3Pro with two batteries and a controller.

DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine with DJI RC Pro (high-bright screen),Free Shiping | eBay

Next in the eBay link below is the exact SAME drone selling for an eye-watering $2,455 USD, which is over 7-times costlier than the same identical model advertised in the first link I pasted above.

I scrutinized the two advertized Mavic 3 Pro models for sale at such enormously disparate prices, but thus far have not spotted anything that could explain such a gigantic price discrepancy between two identical drones both advertised literally on the same web page. I sure would love to hear from anyone who can shed light on this baffling price difference. I am sorely tempted to buy the $339 priced Mavic 3 Pro, being the cheapskate that I am, however I decided to ask around here to see if there is anyone that can explain why such an attractive price is being offered by one seller but not another, for the exact tame product. Thanks in advance for any thoughts that can be shared on this question.
Browsing through eBay as I am prone to doing now and then, my attention was riveted on a number of DJI Mavic 3 Pros being advertised in the very affordable price range of $340 and $450 USD.

Scanning down the eBay page of Mavic 3 Pros for sale, I also noted the same exact make and model with the same exact list of accessories, going for 7-fold that price range. This got me wondering why this same identical drone is selling for such vastly different prices on the same eBay platform. Here are a couple of such ads that I encountered which left me scratching my head. First is the $339 priced Mavic 3Pro with two batteries and a controller.

DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine with DJI RC Pro (high-bright screen),Free Shiping | eBay

Next in the eBay link below is the exact SAME drone selling for an eye-watering $2,455 USD, which is over 7-times costlier than the same identical model advertised in the first link I pasted above.

I scrutinized the two advertized Mavic 3 Pro models for sale at such enormously disparate prices, but thus far have not spotted anything that could explain such a gigantic price discrepancy between two identical drones both advertised literally on the same web page. I sure would love to hear from anyone who can shed light on this baffling price difference. I am sorely tempted to buy the $339 priced Mavic 3 Pro, being the cheapskate that I am, however I decided to ask around here to see if there is anyone that can explain why such an attractive price is being offered by one seller but not another, for the exact tame product. Thanks in advance for any thoughts that can be shared on this question.

OK, I got suickered by the Ebay Mavic 3 Pro scam. I saw a supposedly new in the box Mavic 3 Pro drone and bought it now for $668.00 USD. A few minutes later I decided to contact the seller and update my shipping info and got a message saying this seller is no longer registered with Ebay. I filed a fraud claim at PayPal who I used to pay for it and then went to Ebay and filed one and they said sorry their hands are tied since I went to Paypal first and filed one. They even said had I just contacted Ebay first I would have my money back already. So lots of phone calls and emails and then I filed a clwith my ccredit card that Paypal is linked to. No luck. Its about two months now I have given up hope of ever seeing any help. On a good note I made an appointment and went to a DJI dealer in Bangkok a few hours drive from home and picked up a new Mavic 3 Pro with Fly more kit. I love it. I will cancel that credit card and Paypal and Ebay account soon when I have some time.

I don't think there will be a drone delivered. I never got mine from a similar scam. Ebay, Paypal and my credit card denied my claim and some scammer took my money.

Reactions: mavic3usa
OK, I got suickered by the Ebay Mavic 3 Pro scam. I saw a supposedly new in the box Mavic 3 Pro drone and bought it now for $668.00 USD. A few minutes later I decided to contact the seller and update my shipping info and got a message saying this seller is no longer registered with Ebay. I filed a fraud claim at PayPal who I used to pay for it and then went to Ebay and filed one and they said sorry their hands are tied since I went to Paypal first and filed one. They even said had I just contacted Ebay first I would have my money back already. So lots of phone calls and emails and then I filed a clwith my ccredit card that Paypal is linked to. No luck. Its about two months now I have given up hope of ever seeing any help. On a good note I made an appointment and went to a DJI dealer in Bangkok a few hours drive from home and picked up a new Mavic 3 Pro with Fly more kit. I love it. I will cancel that credit card and Paypal and Ebay account soon when I have some time.
Has happened to me before seems like decades ago but I still remember it. Didn't even have to do anything, eBay will cancel everything, reverse transaction automatically once they are convinced there is fraud involved. With Paypal, I'm surprised you didn't get a refund since a tracking number was not provided. Or, maybe they provided a fake tracking number?

The scammers are smart, they don't mess around. That guy selling fake drone is making a mint because people are taking chances it could be true thinking there is no risk. The scammer knows how to play to game and it's best not to try to beat him because there is no drone ever that will be shipped, those drones don't even exist. It's just a big gamble on where the money will end up and who will win and who will lose the money at play.

Sorry to hear you got tangled up in the scam. :(

eBay can be very stubborn when it comes to refunding money obtained under false pretenses using their purchasing platform. I found that a polite mention of the possibility that one is considering legal action to secure a refund does help to focus the overly skeptical minds of eBay's customer disservice reps and encourage them to expedite the payout to avoid the negative publicity litigation would attract.

I have also found that American Express (as opposed to Visa, M/C, Discover) is more likely to side with your during your dispute and it's possible AMEX is taking the loss for you. Keep that in mind when it comes to buying online with an expensive but somewhat questionable item.

I have also found that American Express (as opposed to Visa, M/C, Discover) is more likely to side with your during your dispute and it's possible AMEX is taking the loss for you. Keep that in mind when it comes to buying online with an expensive but somewhat questionable item.
It clearly depends upon how good a customer you are of the CC involved, as they are going to have to eat the loss they refund to you. The scammers already got paid. The CC has no recourse against them. It's in the CC's best interest to always just deny your claim, like any insurance claim! They are in the business of making money, not giving it away!

Since we are on the subject, I wanted to mention that there is a fake DJI website that I get emails from quite often that offers DJI drones new at a fraction of the the SRP. Total scam fishing site trying to tempt naive people into throwing money away. I sold on ebay for 23 years and the increase in scams is just amazing. Ebay has gotten so out of hand. They use advanced algorithms to filter out certain illegal items and scams, but it seems like they can’t keep on top of it all. So, I would always err on the “If it seems to good to be true, it probably isn’t”

Has happened to me before seems like decades ago but I still remember it. Didn't even have to do anything, eBay will cancel everything, reverse transaction automatically once they are convinced there is fraud involved. With Paypal, I'm surprised you didn't get a refund since a tracking number was not provided. Or, maybe they provided a fake tracking number?

The scammers are smart, they don't mess around. That guy selling fake drone is making a mint because people are taking chances it could be true thinking there is no risk. The scammer knows how to play to game and it's best not to try to beat him because there is no drone ever that will be shipped, those drones don't even exist. It's just a big gamble on where the money will end up and who will win and who will lose the money at play.

Sorry to hear you got tangled up in the scam. :(
I got my full money $668 USD back from Ebay. The seller was a fraud and it took Ebay some push back from my credt card company and then Ebay and Paypal decided to pay me back. So the money came back from Ebay's purchase guarantee. Ebay paid me back from some fraudster on their site. The Fraudster got away with it as far as I know.

I got my full money $668 USD back from Ebay. The seller was a fraud and it took Ebay some push back from my credt card company and then Ebay and Paypal decided to pay me back. So the money came back from Ebay's purchase guarantee. Ebay paid me back from some fraudster on their site. The Fraudster got away with it as far as I know.
Good to hear; you got lucky. Lessons learned. People like @kurtkak keep these scammers in business. Thieves steal the money and then leave the honest people hanging to figure out among themselves who will take the hit. Often times it's the person who can afford it the least. They call it a risk but they never intend to risk their own money meaning they would never hand over cash to see if they can somehow manage to score a new Mavic 3 Pro for $700, that's ridiculous and not even possible.

Good to hear; you got lucky. Lessons learned. People like @kurtkak keep these scammers in business. Thieves steal the money and then leave the honest people hanging to figure out among themselves who will take the hit. Often times it's the person who can afford it the least. They call it a risk but they never intend to risk their own money meaning they would never hand over cash to see if they can somehow manage to score a new Mavic 3 Pro for $700, that's ridiculous and not even possible.
Because this happened to me to once,too. I keep them in business. Ok Ot. And I said I know my know yucky you got some Teri any tissue no you give me a kiss you Shasha weather hate you so much Izzy no more yucky gross like your mother.
Because this has happened to me too, I keep them in business. Ignorant and old you are! Thanks the perfect mavic3usa

• Wow
Reactions: mavic3usa
Because this happened to me to once,too. I keep them in business. Ok Ot. And I said I know my know yucky you got some Teri any tissue no you give me a kiss you Shasha weather hate you so much Izzy no more yucky gross like your mother.

Because this has happened to me too, I keep them in business. Ignorant and old you are! Thanks the perfect mavic3usa
Just as long as you know for next time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne