DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic morning

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I decided toget out and set my nerves on aware....lol...was hoping to be a little smoother with flying but it was fun.

I decided toget out and set my nerves on aware....lol...was hoping to be a little smoother with flying but it was fun.
Enjoyed that! For the low level shots through the pathway you could have saved your angst by just using a DJI OM4 gimbal and Phone rather that trying to fly through the overhanging branched. Also, a bit of smoothing of the stick movements would help when going around the corners of the river. Dueling Banjos always works!

Practice helps - esp over dry land - when flying thru the trees. Video does make it seem like the drone is closer than it is and the OA is constantly beeping. Know that feeling and much of my flights like that are over water - creek / river with waterfalls.

The more you practice, the better it gets.

In settings, you can turn down YAW in Cine Mode (would leave it alone in Norm / Sport) to help slow movements till you can fine tune your skills - lots of fly time. Some have gotten longer sticks or they have some that require more stick movement for us with shaky hands so the shakes don't provide as much input while flying.

Thank you all for your inputs...slowly but surely it does come along.

Ya know...the video was going good until "That Guy" showed up near the end!!! :D:D:D
Seriously! I liked it. As said, the more you fly, the better you get. As @tlswift58 stated, using those modes to smooth things a bit helps when you're practicing. You can adjust them differently as your confidence comes up.

Thanks a lot Prop Wash I thought adding color (myself) would help...lol...I've tried to adjust the movement speed in tripod mode to get smoother movements but I think I'm to the point of needing longer sticks for that.
I haven't tried the cinematic mood yet and going to give that a try soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada