DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic or Spark

I was looking at both of them and figured I would be kicking myself later for not buying the Mavic due to all the added features, flight time, and distance the Mavic has over the Spark.

I bought a Spark, 2 months later I “outgrew it” gave it to my wife, who loves it, and bought a Mavic. In my mind it comes down to this: do you want to fly it indoors at all? If so, it’s the Spark. Otherwise . . .

Reactions: dvarapala
I was on the fence for a while also, but decided to go with the spark. I wanted something i could take out, fly for a bit then put away anywhere i go, whether indoors or outdoors (I fly indoors alot), and without being too disruptive to people around me. Also what sold me on the spark was that it could plug it directly via usb into a portable battery charger while im on the go, such as on a hike in the middle of nowhere.

I dont usually have the luxury of large open spaces to fly outdoors since i live in a big city, a mavic would not have worked for me. If you have the luxury of open space, go with the mavic hands down.

I have both. It's no comparison. Mavic by 3 miles. Plus, the Spark is actually louder than the Mavic, so it's really not more discreet.

I was debating the same thing prior to buying my mavic. I saw a couple YouTube videos where guys had both and both supposedly going to sell the mavic, saying the spark was all they needed. Upon further research and watching my son fly his mavic I decided the mavic was the choice for me. We were at a lake in the mountains and he mistakenly turned into a cove just south of ours, thinking he was bringing it home. He lost signal and we feared it was gone. A few minutes later it appeared and he landed it safely. The video on his phone showed it diverting around some trees prior to coming into LOS. I was impressed. The battery life difference makes the mavic much more useable if you're looking for something beyond selfie type experiences.

I was on the fence for a while also, but decided to go with the spark. I wanted something i could take out, fly for a bit then put away anywhere i go, whether indoors or outdoors (I fly indoors alot), and without being too disruptive to people around me. Also what sold me on the spark was that it could plug it directly via usb into a portable battery charger while im on the go, such as on a hike in the middle of nowhere.

I dont usually have the luxury of large open spaces to fly outdoors since i live in a big city, a mavic would not have worked for me. If you have the luxury of open space, go with the mavic hands down.
This is a great point, I'm in the mavic camp but if I was going to fly a lot indoors I would go with the spark.

MAVIC, MAVIC, MAVIC!!!!!! Is there anything else right now (december 2017) that compares to it?
Undoubtedly the MAVIC is a milestone and will be considered a true classic in the future when people study the history of popular drones and the beginning of that tech.

Go for the MAVIC!!! :):):)

Cheers from Argentina!
Gastón

I really need help. I can get a Spark with more to fly package for $599.00 or Mavic refurbished with charger and one battery and controller for $699.00 I like the Spark cause it small and do create to much attention but the Mavic offers more. What should I do?

Mavic far better ;-)

Both. Both have their uses. For example, with Spark I can still be in drivers seat, grab Spark, stick my arm out the windows, PalmLaunch it and quickly investigate some desert road some 50m ahead of me for ruts/washouts to avoid trouble of getting stuck. Or launch it in clearing in trees on a hike to take a peak above treetops. Etc. I consider my Spark a great low-friction complimentary tool for my Mavic.

I could be somewhat happy with a Spark, but I'd be happier if it was foldable. Because it is small, but not as small as it could have been, I think DJI missed the chance to hit a homer with it. Pull out arms or some other foldable type design would have made it that much better. Also, the battery life just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not against Spark, but it just doesn't do art for me at this point in time since I have a MP and a P4.

in my quest to be just like @Xtreme Drone Pilot , i went ahead and purchased a spark. got the red fly more combo for about $414 after ebay bucks and $125 ebay gift card. too good to pass up. and it'll probably be here in time to give to my daughter for christmas.

i really need to stay away from this site...i've got full blown DAS. ;)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I could be somewhat happy with a Spark, but I'd be happier if it was foldable. Because it is small, but not as small as it could have been, I think DJI missed the chance to hit a homer with it. Pull out arms or some other foldable type design would have made it that much better. Also, the battery life just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not against Spark, but it just doesn't do art for me at this point in time since I have a MP and a P4.

I thought the same, making my judgement by pictures. Until I got one. That it doesn't have folding arms is not a big minus because it's so small. Having it ready to fly in seconds is 'uuuuge! All without doing those awkward "tear whole chicken apart to eat" moves with Mavic.

I hope some day they will make arms spring-loaded, press a button - BOOM! arms unfold and it turns on automatically. Even ready to fly before GPS lock, using only visual positioning. One can dream...

in my quest to be just like @Xtreme Drone Pilot , i went ahead and purchased a spark. got the red fly more combo for about $414 after ebay bucks and $125 ebay gift card. too good to pass up. and it'll probably be here in time to give to my daughter for christmas.

i really need to stay away from this site...i've got full blown DAS. ;)

LOL, it's like a circle **** where we instigate each other to buy more more more more more. Here's another deal! Here's another steal! Click click click $ cha-ching $ cha-ching $ cha-ching! :D:D:D

You'll LOVE it!

Signed,
YADASP*

* which, obviously, is Yet Another Drone Acquisition Syndrome Patient :D

Hmmm... this is actually a great acronym (Wunderacronym? :D ): YADA YADA YADA... :D:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143