DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic or Spark

rcartie

Reactions
I really need help. I can get a Spark with more to fly package for $599.00 or Mavic refurbished with charger and one battery and controller for $699.00 I like the Spark cause it small and do create to much attention but the Mavic offers more. What should I do?

Mavic!

Never had, flown or seen a Spark ... and in any case I had my Mavic way before they were announced.
However ... the Spark is less than a Mavic ... and I wouldn't want anything less!

You guys are great. Keep it coming so I can pull the trigger on the Mavic or Spark . I am just afraid but keep posting so I may make up my mind

..Thanks

I have seen and flown a spark numerous times since a close friend bought one in summer. it is far less than a Mavic, he wished he bought a Mav. Spark is nowhere near the Mavic, far more durable and stable in winds, far better camera, also portable, far better range and so on and so forth

I really like my Spark. But, asking if I would want a Spark or Mavic is like asking me if I want my Phantom or Inspire. They are completely different beasts. I'll take both :)

Both have their advantages, but if you want true photographic quality, then out of the two it would have to be the mavic

Reactions: brilock1
I figure for $100 more I can get a mavic compared to a spark more to fly I just don't want to buy a spark and find out that I should have bought the Mavic can somebody give me an opinion on flight times between the spark in a mavic

As per DJI mavic pro has 27 minutes, compared to 16 minutes for spark. In real life its is morelike 20 to 10 (roughly)

I just went through months of deciding myself. I ended up going with the Mavic. Both are great but the deciding factor for me was I knew with the spark I would want more. I also though if I am not happy with the Mavic I could sell it and easily purchase a spark. Good luck.

I've had both at the same time, I now only have a Mavic, enough said.

The Mavic is nearly as portable as the Spark, is a much better flier in all respects and produces much better video and photos. The only negative for the Mavic is the additional cost but if you can afford either and not both, the only choice really is the Mavic.

I reckon if you asked those who have both which one they would give up if they had to, the Spark would be history.

I’ve got both. I got the Spark first, then I wanted the Mavic, twice as capable but about twice the price. I guess I’ll keep my Spark, cos it was my first drone. I learnt a lot from it before I got my Mavic. If you can, go for Mavic. If you get the Spark, it won’t be long before you wish you could upgrade.

Reactions: Bogstar
The Mavic is a much more capable drone IMO so for the $100 extra it's a no brainer really :)

Reactions: k3vnnyork
I have both. I really like the Spark for zipping around close in, but it just doesn't match the deep functionality of the Mavic. When I fold up my Mavic it takes up pretty much the same storage space as the Spark, so no difference when traveling. The two travel cases I have for Spark and Mavic are exactly the same size.

Mavic over Spark anytime, but the Spark is a great bit of kit. I sold my Spark as I basically had everything I need with the Mavic now, but I did love how I could just put the Spark up in the air without any hesitation. The Mavic is the same in respect to throwing in the air at ease, but I think being slightly larger and worth more you take more time and care do it right.

Good luck with your Mavic ;)

I originally ordered the spark, my order was cancelled due to a back order, i went with the Mavic instead, wise choice on my part

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure