DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots - Hellas (Greece)

Anyone know if there are drone/fly restrictions on Kos Island or if anyone fly a Mavic drone there?
Appreciate any response :)
Going to visit my family in Kos in October.

Same European laws apply in Greece also. More or less avoid flying over crowds or cities.
If there are some restricted areas the dji go 4 app will not let you fly in any case, like airports, military zones etc. so dont worry about it.
In general no one will will bother you if you dont provoke.

But, if I'm not wrong as a recreational pilot you are not allowed to fly more than 160 feet away or 160 feet high in Greece unless you have an approval from the authorities,
IF you are a tourist.
I understood that you could apply for an OPEN status (recreational flying) via an application form.
I have attached the application form.

Attachments

• HCAA_UAS_FLT_request_editable.pdf
    787.6 KB · Views: 3
But, if I'm not wrong as a recreational pilot you are not allowed to fly more than 160 feet away or 160 feet high in Greece unless you have an approval from the authorities,
IF you are a tourist.
I understood that you could apply for an OPEN status (recreational flying) via an application form.
I have attached the application form.

Yea Right!! fill in the form and wait for an answer and then goto police station... they will look at you like an Alien!!!! Ha ha it is a joke of course!!

Hi all.
I'm Nek(tarios). I'm new to this forum and just found this thread. (great forum by the way)
I live in Athens. Any suggestions for flying sites, or maybe a meeting for flying together and share experiences and knowledge?
(i have a M2Z)

Meanwhile
Safe flights
Nek

Reactions: Hexagon
Yea Right!! fill in the form and wait for an answer and then goto police station... they will look at you like an Alien!!!! Ha ha it is a joke of course!!
Technically that seems to be the requirement if you want to fly more than 50 meters from the operator, you have to get preauthorization from the HCAA.

Otherwise if unauthorized, you're subject to fines.

But I don't know what enforcement is like, especially on the different islands.

For Corfu, the HCAA Drone Aware map shows this.

So the area around Corfu town and airport has restrictions and then the NW coast, which seems to have beautiful cliffs, have something about getting approval from a local "aero club" in addition to filling out the HCAA form.

Portugal also requires preauthorization but Greece seems to have extra layers of approvals to get through.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 4.11.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 4.11.55 PM.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98