DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots New Zealand

Hi Guys,

Newbie drone owner here at Auckland, northshore, haven't even opened the box of my Mavic pro.

Hi Guys,

Newbie drone owner here at Auckland, northshore, haven't even opened the box of my Mavic pro.
G'day Miguel,

FYI, according to the airspace map at https://app.airshare.co.nz/app/apps/airspaceMap/ , pretty much all of Auckland's North Shore is off-limits to drones. However, the Whangaparaoa Peninsula seems to be OK, in particular Shakespear Regional Park.

Thank you for that.

Will do a test flight at park, possibly on Saturday if the weather holds up.

Planning to fly this at Blue Springs

Hell yeah, we've got a beautiful country lets get some killer shots! Bay of Islands reporting in..
Birds man, flying coasts will forever scare the s**t out of me. Bloody Gulls! Any tips to keep them away? :D

Wellington here. Had Mavic for about a month so far, loving it!

Anyone else from lower North Island? A lot of Wellington is in flight paths, will have to be travelling somewhat anyway.

Reactions: assamfishhead
Tauranga here.
A group of 5 fly regularly and welcome more who want to join us us and share and learn.
I help fix and maintain Mavics and other UAVs and have a wealth of information and help.[/QUOT Rotorua here not flown yet work and weather

Hey guys, Hamilton here. Just got myself a Mavic Air (my first drone). Started using them for work, got the itch to get my own, so here i am. Sounds like there's a few of us in Hamilton - we should get together!

Hey guys, Hamilton here. Just got myself a Mavic Air (my first drone). Started using them for work, got the itch to get my own, so here i am. Sounds like there's a few of us in Hamilton - we should get together!

There's a FB group called Hamilton Drone Learners that a friend started but it hasn't gone anywhere but you might like to join and we can get some flying events going

Security Check Required

Hi ya pilots, I'm all alone here in the north west corner of the south island. A beautiful place to fly when the wind stops blowing. ??

Wellington here. Had Mavic for about a month so far, loving it!

Anyone else from lower North Island? A lot of Wellington is in flight paths, will have to be travelling somewhat anyway.
Am too from Windy Wellington,
And yes, most of Wgtn is a NFZ due to its proximity to the airport but further out to porirua is a cool place to fly.
Any good suggestions of where else to fly?

Kir ora! I crashed my drone near Ohakune, old coach road (see pic). If you can retrieve it, it's yours!
I'm from Switzerland and already home...
Cheers!

Screenshot_20200318-161825.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS