DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots - Thailand

So nice!

I love Koh Samed as it's only a few hours by car. Next time I'm there, I'll definitely make sure I carry my Mavic.
lived in Bangkok for 11 years have my own company there now. i have been to samed 3 times every year lol that beach is my second home, right now stuck in London though for a few weeks. The next year will be really busy here in London and in bangkok. (i have a travel company over there).

Lucky for me i have been just about everyhwere except the south.

go to that beach stay at Ao vongduean resort and look out for rose and yen and mia they are waitresses who are amazingly kind and will look after you.

Always wanted to fly in Lumphini Park but I was never sure. The guards at the main gate looked at me strangelt and told me flat-out no drone.

That's why I went to Chatuchak Park instead where the guard was asleep and kept sleeping as I flew from right next to him. He was least bothered.

Great video Gary!

Part two from Samed if yoy are interested

Always wanted to fly in Lumphini Park but I was never sure. The guards at the main gate looked at me strangelt and told me flat-out no drone.

That's why I went to Chatuchak Park instead where the guard was asleep and kept sleeping as I flew from right next to him. He was least bothered.

Great video Gary!
Yes Lumpimi they are not so keen but i flew there a few times they are ok if you are really discreet although i have not been there for a month or so that was taken in April.

Next i want to cross the river from Asaatique and get the resturants at the front of the markets at night i found some perfect launch sites across the river but never had time to get to them io have them stored in memory.

As for lumpini every time i fly there i take the GF who is Thai and she carries the DJI bag we have a car and a motorcycle so we can park along side Lumpini and they take no notice of us.
Do not fly anywhere near the boating lake if you know lumpini head left when entering the park its almost always empty. As said though you do have to be very discreet and it does help if you look like you live there.

Ok, not strictly Thailand but a short hop away to Danang Vietnam

Nice video Collins! I've been unable to fly for some time now, stuck in the office delivering on a project that's making my life hell but I'm looking forward to getting out next month.

I've got a trip planned to Sicily, Italy and from the hotel website, there are some pretty amazing cliffs if which should provide some good material. I'll try to search on this forum for any notes/guidance on carrying drones into Italy.

Hope to see more of your stuff soon!

Take care..

Love the posts; I went down to Koh Man and did a bit of flying, but have to admit I haven't gotten around to editing anything. And since I've been out of the news cycle, I didn't realise the deadline for registering drones (in Thailand) was coming up. Have you boys managed to get yours done?

Love the posts; I went down to Koh Man and did a bit of flying, but have to admit I haven't gotten around to editing anything. And since I've been out of the news cycle, I didn't realise the deadline for registering drones (in Thailand) was coming up. Have you boys managed to get yours done?

Same here. Funnily enough (along with 30,000 other drone owners!) I was discussing this with one of my friends earlier today. Havent gotten around to it out of pure laziness but may well get around to it this weekend.

Here's a video from that same trip....

Reactions: BangkokFlyBoy
32e81486d0e7def004612ecbe637da91.jpg

This was from my trip to Koh Mak; still learning the ropes...

Reactions: collins
What about Pattaya, I could do with some training, happy to pay, just about to buy the Air...

I'm out of Thailand for the next few weeks. Haven't been flying much of late and every time I see my Mavic I feel a bit bad. Will definitely look to something in July when I get back. Did a short trip to Kenya in April, just haven't gotten around to getting the footage out.

Have fun and good luck!

Hi Guys,
as I am plannig a travel to Thailand - Krabi area, I am interested in some practical information around drone registration and administrative paperwork. Read a lot about it but Is there a real chance to get through the required process within a couple of weeks? What are the consequences if not completed upon arrival? Are there specific checks at the airport upon entering the country?
Any one of you having experience with or residing in the Krabi area? Worth doing areal shootings?
Thanks!

Hi Guys,
as I am plannig a travel to Thailand - Krabi area, I am interested in some practical information around drone registration and administrative paperwork. Read a lot about it but Is there a real chance to get through the required process within a couple of weeks? What are the consequences if not completed upon arrival? Are there specific checks at the airport upon entering the country?
Any one of you having experience with or residing in the Krabi area? Worth doing areal shootings?
Thanks!
When do you arrive?
I suspect you have cameras on the Aircraft, then you should register with CAAT and NABT (I think it is called), its Radio Equipment Registration. You must also have 3rd party insurance.
Fly responsibly and not over crowded areas and you be fine

Reactions: PeRo
Hi Guys,
Thanks!

Hi @PeRo the advice above is solid and you should at least get something in writing. It may seem complicated but trust me the footage you'll get is amazing. This site Drones in Thailand 2018: All information about laws and registration updated as at AUG/06/2018 has some interesting details and this is the website I=f CAAT Rules to Apply for Permission and Conditions to Control and Launch Unmanned Aircraft in the Category of Remotely Piloted Aircraft B.E. 2558 (A.D. 2015) - The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) | สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย Lastly, this guy is a legend and more or less the same information can be found here How to register your drone in Thailand

Good luck and do let us know how you fare on.

Reactions: PeRo
Hi @BangkokFlyBoy, @SmileyGC, thanks for your comprehensive replies. Did not expect answers anymore.
I am already back from Krabi as it was only a short journey. Jumped over from Qatar where I am currently doing some Project work. However, the trip was great with spectacular Nature sceneries. I did choose Tub Kaek Beach as the region is more off the tourist streams, compared to i.e. Ao Nang.
Unfortunately I got lost with the upfront Drone registration requirements but nevertheless decided to give it a try.
After alignment with the Hotel Mgr., flights went very well and it was ensured that there was no risk for (the few) people around.
I surely want to come back again, then hopefully with completed registration.
Again, thanks for your hints, links - and wishes!

Reactions: SmileyGC
Wussup yall. Bangkok droner here.
I'm mostly about those night missions. I Stay around Sathorn. Anyone looking for a colab mission holla at me?
Insta @bangkok_drone

---DJI_0756.jpg

Reactions: BangkokFlyBoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78