DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum Pro Updates frequency

redserv

Reactions
Hello guys I am the owner of a Mavic Platinum Pro. My questions are:

1. How often during the year we get firmware updates from DJI for the MPP?

2. Will DJI be supporting these drones as the Mavic 2 is out?

3. Where can I download every MPP firmware that was released for this drone?

Thanks in advance guys.

Not sure when the last FW update was released to MP/Plat, most of the FW update after M2P/Zoom was released, the upcoming updates will be more focused on the latest M2P/Zoom platform.
Standby maybe they will throw us some bone once in a while.

There is no set interval for updates. They are only dispatched as either problem resolutions or improved features are ready to send out. It is best to keep the drone current with any update. Some may disagree, however for best performance it is my opinion to stay updated. They will likely be less frequent as the drone ages.
There is no set date so far for a ceasing of updates. The product is still for sale and promoted.
3. Where can I download every MPP firmware that was released for this drone? I am no sure why you would want previous updates. When you get the latest you get everything previous in one download, an "update." So if someone buys a MPP now, one update will get them current with the last firmware and features.

Thank you guys for answering my questions. I hope they do support the MPP with some future updates.

There is no set interval for updates. They are only dispatched as either problem resolutions or improved features are ready to send out. It is best to keep the drone current with any update. Some may disagree, however for best performance it is my opinion to stay updated. They will likely be less frequent as the drone ages.
There is no set date so far for a ceasing of updates. The product is still for sale and promoted.
3. Where can I download every MPP firmware that was released for this drone? I am no sure why you would want previous updates. When you get the latest you get everything previous in one download, an "update." So if someone buys a MPP now, one update will get them current with the last firmware and features.
Any firmware for DJI drones may be downloaded for free using THIS software available on GitHub. Many of us want previous firmware (mostly .700) for the ability to customize the individual modules, customize aircraft settings, etc. Earlier firmware was much less restrictive.

Any firmware for DJI drones may be downloaded for free using THIS software available on GitHub. Many of us want previous firmware (mostly .700) for the ability to customize the individual modules, customize aircraft settings, etc. Earlier firmware was much less restrictive.
thanks I think this can come in handy :)

Updates for M2 should have been more frequent to re-incorporate missing features that were included or added to predecessors.
You can't tell me the M2 has more limited resources than even the MPP.

It is unlikely there will be any more updates for the MP/MPP unless something serious needs fixing.

My MPP has been so reliable and such a good flier. It is such a pleasure to take up. Still, if my "ulitimate" idea of a drone becomes available, I'll go for it: One the size of the Spark, with great fly time and a controller with monitor built-in so there is no fuss with a phone linking up. (I do remember reading that such a controller might become available for the Mavic 2.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580