DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 + Insta360 ONE X, first flight

This actually works pretty good. Don't make any sudden moves = pendulum effect.
Camera needs to be vertical, to lock-in the forward facing view, but that's a minor annoyance imo. It means you need to hand launch and hand catch. I use a Quaker Oats tube:))
If you are going to try this, make sure you turn on the camera after you have turned on the Mavic. Make sure camera is set to AUTO Wi Fi, not ON Wi Fi. Mavic signal tries to mess with the camera but this sequence works fine.
Can't wait until they release something this small in 8K!
My total payload, including homemade mount and straps, was 134 grams.
I just printed a flexible mount and will post some video. Initial flight showed zero vibration. The camera has very good built in electronic stabilization.

Paul

I haven't managed to watch your video. But how do you like the One X and is it worth to invest in?

I haven't managed to watch your video. But how do you like the One X and is it worth to invest in?
It's the best portable VR solution on the market for the money at this moment as long as you don't need 3D. Updates for firmware and editor appear regularly. Image quality is better than any of the Vuze products (I own the Vuze +). Image stabilization is scary good. Image stitching is perfect out of the box. It's extremely light weight. On the negative, form factor makes mounting awkward in most situations.

I have seen some Youtube reviews on it and I have to say I'm am really tempted. But the question remains, will I use it enough to justify buying it. It might be great but it's still costly.

But I'll probably end up buying it sooner or later if know my self correctly.

[emoji4]

It's just more than flying it on a drone. Walking around with the hidden stick is so cool. Get some great shots with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki