DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 takeoff (flyaway) crash

I would aways get GPS lock before I took off.
Ditto. If I don't have green for GPS I don't launch. Only happened once on a really cloudy day but I just moved 10 feet and it got locks...wierdly.

Ditto. If I don't have green for GPS I don't launch. Only happened once on a really cloudy day but I just moved 10 feet and it got locks...wierdly.
Cloudy conditions have no effect on GPS reception but trees, buildings and other obstacles that block the drone's skyview do.

I would aways get GPS lock before I took off.
Due to ground obstacles in the vincinity of the takeoff, it may not be possible to acquire sufficient GPS sat. As long as you have good vision positioning or you can handle the ATTI mode with confidence, its perfectly OK to launch under such condition. However. Its essential to take the craft to a height where a good GPS fix can be acquired and set the home point manually before flying away.

Last edited:
As for the gimbal/camera repair, I suggest, if the price is right for you, get a new camera and assembly. I've tried the ribbon repair before twice, but the camera never operated trouble free on a consistent basis. Crashing hard is liable to cause other camera issue besides the ribbon. The ribbon replacement is not too bad. You need a magnifying glass and a steady hand (and tools) to get the job done right. Youtube is your friendly advisor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61