DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 - 360 Sphere Photos Blurred Upper Strip

Seedubb

Reactions
I've seen a few other posts about this problem but nothing that clearly explains what's going on or how to fix it.

I'm sure in my other Mavic 2 I would take a 360 Sphere Pano and be able to take it straight from the DJI Go app and upload it to Facebook, where it would show a fully detailed 360 image with no blurred top edge. Just set up a new Mavic Pro 2 and all my 360s out of the app are a mess in the upper third.

I've seen a few solutions on here but these all require stitching through an app or Photoshop. How do we get these clean images straight out of the Mavic? Sure I've done it before!

since the camera cannot point straight up, you will not get a “true” 360° pano. DJI does their own “magic” in the software to make the photo “acceptable“

I have taken quite a few 360 panos with my M2P and as Hbgo78 mentioned the upward tilt of the camera is limited to +30 deg. The resulting “hole“ at the top is filled in with a averaging algorithm and leaves a lot to be desired. I have found that solid skies are best, either clear blue or overcast comes out fairly good.

I have taken quite a few 360 panos with my M2P and as Hbgo78 mentioned the upward tilt of the camera is limited to +30 deg. The resulting “hole“ at the top is filled in with a averaging algorithm and leaves a lot to be desired. I have found that solid skies are best, either clear blue or overcast comes out fairly good.

if you really want the details above the drone, you can fill the hole by putting a cheap GoPro on top of the drone with a built in timer set to stream- then post process the 360’s normally.

if you really want the details above the drone, you can fill the hole by putting a cheap GoPro on top of the drone with a built in timer set to stream- then post process the 360’s normally.
Thanks. Personally it doesn’t bother me at all. I was trying to help the OP.
BTW - Wouldn’t it be easier to just take it from the ground looking up?

Thanks. Personally it doesn’t bother me at all. I was trying to help the OP.
BTW - Wouldn’t it be easier to just take it from the ground looking up?

Sorry, I should have posted my reply without pinging yours. You are right, its easier from the ground up unless you are making an aerial 360 and want to include details above you like something tall above and overhanging - trees, cliffs, towers or buildings, etc.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom