DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mavic Pro 2 Blurry Photos

upser1

Reactions
I use my drone for Farm and Ranch photos for listings. I'm having an issue of blurry photos. I just took this photo from behind my house for reference. It has seemed to be worse lately but can't figure it out. Thanks and first post here!

Attachments

• Pics-5.jpg
    Pics-5.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Proffy
I use my drone for Farm and Ranch photos for listings. I'm having an issue of blurry photos. I just took this photo from behind my house for reference. It has seemed to be worse lately but can't figure it out. Thanks and first post here!

Basic troubleshooting first, did you check the camera/sensors to ensure they're not dirty? Do you put any lens covers on?

Here is another. Higher resolution photos say its too large to upload.

Attachments

• DJI_0635.JPG
    DJI_0635.JPG
    9.9 MB · Views: 35
The photos look fine once you click on them. 10mb. Only the thumbnail here is blurry, maybe you were looking at the thumbnail folder but posted the high rez pic? Not sure why the thumbnail here on the website is blurry, but once opened it looks good to me.

Reactions: Thomas B
The photos look fine once you click on them. 10mb. Only the thumbnail here is blurry, maybe you were looking at the thumbnail folder but posted the high rez pic? Not sure why the thumbnail here on the website is blurry, but once opened it looks good to me.
Same for me.

I guess I seem to think they look grainy? Maybe its just me. Seems to me photos I used to take looked sharper. Now looking back at some older ones they have a bit of grain in them. Is there a way to keep more of the background and foreground in focus?

Attachments

• DJI_0328.JPG
    DJI_0328.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 16
Here is another. Higher resolution photos say its too large to upload.

So one thing you have to be cautious of is shooting in the shadows where the light is just not there.
but this looks fine to me, notice in the light you get better definition in the picture.

Also be sure to check your not using the zoom.
Any grain is low light , so check your ISO settings .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and the Snow

Screenshot 02-01-2021 15.58.49.jpg

Is there a way to keep more of the background and foreground in focus?
At any aperture your camera has more depth of field than you need.
There is no problem with focus or blurring in any part of the images.
Your photos are fine, perhaps have your eyes checked?

If I understand your post well, your taking pictures with the Mavic 2 Pro. In that case it´s important to know that details deteriorate rapidly from and beyond the diaphragm setting F5,6. The optimum sharpness of the Hasselblad lies between F2.8 and F 4.3. Dept of sharpness may increase with smaller diaphragms but that comes with detail deterioration. It´s not a Hasselblad thing it is an optical law. Fortunately the dept of sharpness/field is with the focus-length off 28mm rather large
and F4.0 to F4.9 should cover more than you will need. Happy shooting!

Reactions: COZWV
The images look fine here. Using the lowest ISO possible will help. The DJI sensors get noisy and grainy very quickly at higher ISOs. ND filters make this problem worse.

Another thing that may be perceived as grain is over sharpening your image. The DJI settings do a lot of sharpening normally, and any additional sharpening makes edges look edgy in an unpleasant way.

You also might want to check if your in manual or auto focus..You have several options to include a auto updating focus...might want to read your manual. ;) But pics seem fine as others have stated, it's all about setting your camera up right...most use manual settings if you want to capture all that it's capable of.

I don't know what you are talking about. I opened your image on my 27 inch iMAC and it is as sharp as a tack!!!

Reactions: pelagic_one
I agree with Dale D! As for the picture of the recreation vehicle: Mind that every manipulation with JPG´s deteriorate their quality. And consider the program and it´s inside mechanism you use for converting DNG files in to jpeg. I think your camera is just fine but as said before mind the f-stop and ISO settings.

I agree with Dale D! As for the picture of the recreation vehicle: Mind that every manipulation with JPG´s deteriorate their quality. And consider the program and it´s inside mechanism you use for converting DNG files in to jpeg. I think your camera is just fine but as said before mind the f-stop and ISO settings.
Just to agree again. f/4 gives shallow depth of field. ISO 100-too low for sharpness. 1/15th second exposure time allows for increased time for a blurred image. If you are going for motion blur these are good settings, but from this high of a view, there is no motion blur to worry about so I would have gone for the sharpness, which means, smaller aperture, fast shutter, and higher Iso or a combination thereof.

f/4 gives shallow depth of field. ISO 100-too low for sharpness. 1/15th second exposure time allows for increased time for a blurred image. If you are going for motion blur these are good settings, but from this high of a view, there is no motion blur to worry about so I would have gone for the sharpness, which means, smaller aperture, fast shutter, and higher Iso or a combination thereof.
You seem to have things backwards.
The Mavic 2 pro camera gives lots of depth of field at any aperture.
Setting ISO to 100 is best for sharpness.
Since the OP was specifically asking about shooting stills, he's not interested in creating motion blur.

Meta4 you´re absolutely right. Motion blur is an item if you fly fast and then take a picture. But most photographers stop, observe, compose and then take a picture. With the phenomenal stabilization of the Macic 2 you don´t worry about motion blur, even in strong winds 1/15th of a sec is no problem at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64