DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 gimbal overloaded

Goldenmember1000

Reactions
Hi guys , brand new mavic pro , camera,gimbal has taken upward impact , and although it starts up and moves in all directions with filming possible I have the following problems

1 lack of manual control of camera and gimbal pushes off to side during flight. Plus vibrates

2 gimbal motor overloaded message

3 recalibration freezes at 10 percent

Due to my stupid user error I don’t want to send it off to DJI so had a look inside and found a small indentation on the flex ribbon cable serving the gimbal. It looks like the force of impact has pushed the gimbal holding bracket into the soft cable. Is it worth sending off for a new cable or should I be looking at motors in gimbal?? Thanks for any advice

DJI will probably want to replace the whole gimbal. If your ribbon cable had a nick in it, the gimbal would probably be going crazy.

Im guessing it's a bent gimbal motor arm. I have replacement motor assemblies if you want to try it yourself. I also do the repair.

3309c2a3098632b0932efe2dbcd1964a.jpg

This is the cable about 15 pounds

I am shocked that the cable can be damaged so easy . At 15 pounds it sounds like it’s built very heavy duty . [emoji6][emoji23]

It's a sturdy cable, but the OP crashed the drone, and the gimbal might have punctured the cable.

They have to make this cable extra strong because people will be swapping gimbals between the M2P and M2Z, and it's easy to bend pins in the connector.

6b06240391f3bd0d9b8256f2e8b0f446.jpg

That’s a definite impact mark there so I may get lucky when the new cable arrives ?!!
I have an odd question for you but after I explain it will make sense.. I am looking to create a quick swap gimbal mount for the mavic 2 series and I am looking for some information on that cable. I need to know the type of connector that is on each end and if you can connect one end to the other like a bracelet? I have been warned that the port for the camera on the motherboard can become worn after too many connect/disconnects , my idea is to get an extension cable to plug on to the motherboard so when I swap out the camera I am not putting any wear and tear on the actual port on the board. Would you mind testing that out for me? Also if you would take some really close up shots of the cable ends and the port on the mavic I would really appreciate it.

I have an odd question for you but after I explain it will make sense.. I am looking to create a quick swap gimbal mount for the mavic 2 series and I am looking for some information on that cable. I need to know the type of connector that is on each end and if you can connect one end to the other like a bracelet? I have been warned that the port for the camera on the motherboard can become worn after too many connect/disconnects , my idea is to get an extension cable to plug on to the motherboard so when I swap out the camera I am not putting any wear and tear on the actual port on the board. Would you mind testing that out for me? Also if you would take some really close up shots of the cable ends and the port on the mavic I would really appreciate it.
if you have access to manufacturing - it would be interesting to find out what could be the price to make this connector plate/arm out of titanium.
i mean the plastic piece that is right under the black ribbon cable. but, thinking of its shape, price probabyl will be astronomical, unless it would be made out of 2 pieces, but, that would compromise rigidity...

dunno, i really hate this design they did. it is, probably, the most compact gimbal one could make, but, gosh, a single hit on that holder plate will pretty much destroy it. it has to be replaced with titanium or aluminum.

if you have access to manufacturing - it would be interesting to find out what could be the price to make this connector plate/arm out of titanium.
i mean the plastic piece that is right under the black ribbon cable. but, thinking of its shape, price probabyl will be astronomical, unless it would be made out of 2 pieces, but, that would compromise rigidity...

dunno, i really hate this design they did. it is, probably, the most compact gimbal one could make, but, gosh, a single hit on that holder plate will pretty much destroy it. it has to be replaced with titanium or aluminum.

View attachment 67539
I need a close up of both connector ends on the ribbon cable and one of the port on the actual unit.. I do have access to manufacturing but if I cannot overcome the port issue it wont matter.. basically I need to know if the ribbon cable has a MALE & FEMALE end that can be connected, if so I can order and extra ribbon cable and shorten it to use as the port extender.

I need a close up of both connector ends on the ribbon cable and one of the port on the actual unit.. I do have access to manufacturing but if I cannot overcome the port issue it wont matter.. basically I need to know if the ribbon cable has a MALE & FEMALE end that can be connected, if so I can order and extra ribbon cable and shorten it to use as the port extender.
to have a hot swap capability would be helpful, but, frankly, at least for me it has a lower priority than a generic survivalability of the whole existing gimbal assembly. those rotating arms where motors sit seem to be made from silumine or something similar - seem to be strong enough - but all the rest is just way too flimsy, really bad design.
not too bad for DJI, as they will have a benefit of charging for gimbal repairs after each and every drone drop, but for customers - really bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_