DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 help

Bucsfanatic59

Reactions
So I just recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. I love this drone. However, I can’t seem to fly past 3000 ft in distance. Once I get to that point, it gives me an error viewing the camera. The drone still turns around and flies back so it’s not losing complete signal. I purchased these plastic things with gold foil that was supposed to help with that issue. I’ve tried with and without, without it, I only got to about 2800 feet. Any suggestions? I’m not saying I need to fly 5 miles away as advertised, but it would be nice to fly 1-2 miles away with no issues. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Not much of earlier firmware to go to at this time.
I generally can't get past 3/4 to 1 mile. Likely congestion in the 2.4 and 5.8 bands.

Hrmm. Any recommendations? I don’t want to mod the controller. I like how compact it is and how it fits into my shoulder bag.

Hrmm. Any recommendations? I don’t want to mod the controller. I like how compact it is and how it fits into my shoulder bag.
Have you been in the same area the whole time?
Try flying somewhere different.

I've heard mixed reviews about those range extender devices. Make sure you have peeled the protective plastic coating off. Also they are highly directional so you must keep them aimed at the Mavic at all times.
Also remember that the advertised distance are in ideal conditions (clear line of sight to your Mavic, and uncongested frequencies)

Reactions: Bucsfanatic59
I've heard mixed reviews about those range extender devices. Make sure you have peeled the protective plastic coating off. Also they are highly directional so you must keep them aimed at the Mavic at all times.
Also remember that the advertised distance are in ideal conditions (clear line of sight to your Mavic, and uncongested frequencies)
It shouldn't make any difference to leave any plastic film on them.
Radio waves go right through the plastic and bounce off the metal behind it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead