DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 lost in ocean

My State Farm policy (personal articles policy) is strictly for the drone coverage (loss only). I have no other coverage for either home or car with them. No deductible. $75 per year at the moment. That's their minimum rate for a PAP policy.
Home run for you!
Both NC and NY require you to have other coverage, either home or auto, before they will do a PAF.

My State Farm policy (personal articles policy) is strictly for the drone coverage (loss only). I have no other coverage for either home or car with them. No deductible. $75 per year at the moment. That's their minimum rate for a PAP policy.
good to know, I will check with my agent and see what they can do. If I can't prevent drone loss, at least I can insure for it!

Hey, Check out this link. The drone life preserver is from drone-retriever. com.
May help for your next drone.

Hey, Check out this link. The drone life preserver is from drone-retriever. com.
May help for your next drone.
The Rescue Jacket from @Phantomrain.org does that and more.

For starters, with the Rescue Jacket you can land on the water. So there's that.

If you need more of a reason to buy one, then here it is.

If it falls from the sky, it still floats.

Added benefit, looks wicked cool...

-aaaand-

Elevated landing platform for dry land too.

Oh yeah, and no hoping for activation from a parachute or getterback.

So there's more than a few reasons to buy one, which is why I already have taken advantage of the Forum Member Discount for the whole kit (Wetsuits too).

Ive used velcro for awile now and seems to work. I was worried about space in the batt. compartment but it fills real good not to tight. 20200725_135330.jpg

Sorry for your loss. This may not be the most elegant solution, but I use 2 wide elastic bands, the ones that are used for bunching up broccoli at your local grocery store.568F62B5-E1A1-4245-B7BE-F08624BA1A0B.jpeg

I had a recent issue with my Mavic Pro2. It was my 2nd flight of the day, no issues 1st time. I took off again and flew a short distance over ocean, <200 ft from takeoff, 44ft AGA, looked at my phone to line up the shot. The video feed went black, it said disconnected in DJI GO4, and when I looked up, no drone to be seen. Though it was only a couple of feet deep, I could not locate it. DJI was not very helpful, said:

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and it responded to the pilot’s commands well;
2. Flight Time T=00:20, Relative Height H=13.5 m, Distance to Home Point D=56.9 m, the pilot pulled back the pitch stick, the flight record ended when the aircraft was flying backward at the speed of 11.3 m/s;
3. The take-off point: 33.0173452 -117.2830520; The last recorded point: 33.0170925 -117.2835829.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward."

I had a prior drop out of the sky issue with a previous Mavic Pro2. Flying across a 70 degree cliff, back to my takeoff. The drone tilted and fell out of the air. Same basic response from DJI "Based on the currently available data, the root cause of the incident could not be verified". It was thick jungle on Kauai, no way to spot or retrieve the drone!

I have uploaded the flight record and DAT file from the recent crash.

Any further insights? This is making me very nervous about flying where I may not be able to retrieve the drone. Bummer, I like to image my friends surfing!
Approx how many flights and how old was the battery. If they swell the least little bit, when they take flight it enlarges.

good to know, I will check with my agent and see what they can do. If I can't prevent drone loss, at least I can insure for it!
my insurance agent told me that State Farm personal articles policy would cover theft, not loss or fly-away. can you give me any more details so I can ask him to sign me up for loss/fly-away coverage? Perhaps you can attach that part of the policy statement?
my insurance agent told me that State Farm personal articles policy would cover theft, not loss or fly-away. can you give me any more details so I can ask him to sign me up for loss/fly-away coverage? Perhaps you can attach that part of the policy statement?
That’s right, I think it was add’l $28/6 mos

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest