DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 problems why?

Larryfl2007

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro. It works great. I was thinking about a Mavic Pro 2, but after reading for months about all the problems with them, I think I’ll pass. I’ll stick with the original Mavic Pro. Any reason why the company doesn’t do everything possible to correct these unexplained disconnects and other problems. My fingers are crossed my older one will continue to operate correctly. Two thumbs down to the Mavic Pro 2.

the early mav pros had a multitude of issues when the first batches were sent out and many upgrades to iron out the problems the mav 2 is no different really the first buyers are the beta testers for the product,because they made the mav 2 more complex that has added to the issue for me personally the MPP that i own flies just as well as a mav 2, the extra sensors do not make it fly better, the camera was the real upgrade.,the mav 2 to me is a facelifted mav pro and the extra cost is not worth it

I have a Mavic Pro. It works great. I was thinking about a Mavic Pro 2, but after reading for months about all the problems with them, I think I’ll pass. I’ll stick with the original Mavic Pro. Any reason why the company doesn’t do everything possible to correct these unexplained disconnects and other problems. My fingers are crossed my older one will continue to operate correctly. Two thumbs down to the Mavic Pro 2.
The biggest factor on the M2P is the camera and honestly I am very pleased with mine.
Touch wood, no issues with connection or anything else. I use it on an iphone8 but planning to get an iPad cellular in the future. From all the research I did, having an Apple product to pilot the Mavic 2 really helps especially with connection

Reactions: sar104

The Mavic 2 is a significant upgrade, both in terms of flight performance and camera (especially the M2P). There have been a few unusual failures that appear to be firmware related but, based on the logs that have been posted on this forum, the failure rate looks pretty low - lower than probably all previous models.

Way better than original Mavic I have reg Mavic to, the new Mavic is way better

Reactions: strdr
On top of the camera (1" for the Pro or Zoom for the Zoom) Active Track 2.0 with APAS and terrain follow is a huge upgrade, if you have a use for it of course.

Oh and the lack of the "tilted horizon" problem too !

Reactions: Bobvt
My M2P has performed flawlessly with the need to recalibrate compass after starting it up on the hood of my car one time.
To OP: No need for hesitation if you want the new features/sensors.

If you look for problems on forums you will certainly find them and the mavic pro you already own is certainly no different, many reported issues as people are more likely to report problems than successes. I had few issues with my original Mavic Pro and no issues with the Mavic 2 Pro either.

Reactions: Bobvt
Personally, I think for every horror story posted there's hundreds of users who march happily along without problems.

Reactions: sar104 and MiMo28
I own a Mavic Pro 2 and a Mavic Pro Zoom. They have performed flawlessly. It has been a true pleasure. This generation of Mavic is so much more robust than the previous. Fly one and you'll see in about two mins. You will NOT regret your purchase. Seriously

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu