DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 questions

Ty Alderdice

Reactions
Hey all, I currently have a P4 and love it. Looking at upgrading to the mavic 2 pro and see the smart controller is available within a package. Question I have is it worth the extra money? I currently use my iPad Air 2 and love it but I heard you can speak into the remote to record audio. Is this true? Also open to a used one if one has something up for grabs.

Hey all, I currently have a P4 and love it. Looking at upgrading to the mavic 2 pro and see the smart controller is available within a package. Question I have is it worth the extra money? I currently use my iPad Air 2 and love it but I heard you can speak into the remote to record audio. Is this true? Also open to a used one if one has something up for grabs.
It depends on how you use it, I have it and love it but currently there are no apps available for mapping with it, DroneDeploy and Pix4D aren't compatible. So when I need to do a mapping job I have to go back to my P4P and iPad. If you are only going to be using the Go 4 app it is the way to go IMHO.

Reactions: Ty Alderdice
It depends on how you use it, I have it and love it but currently there are no apps available for mapping with it, DroneDeploy and Pix4D aren't compatible. So when I need to do a mapping job I have to go back to my P4P and iPad. If you are only going to be using the Go 4 app it is the way to go IMHO.
I strictly want to take photos and have fun. Not looking to do any mapping.

I strictly want to take photos and have fun. Not looking to do any mapping.
You can't go wrong with it then, no extra devices and cable to worry about, you get up and flying so much faster. The high brightness screen is really nice although a lot smaller than the iPad.

Hey Ty. I went from a P4 to a Mavic 2 Pro. I still have my P4 and greatly enjoy flying it occasionally, but mostly, I let others fly it now.

The biggest difference you would encounter moving from the P4 to a M2 is the Live View video. It's HD with the M2 versus 720 with the P4. That, and M2 is so much smaller. My P4 case is literally twice the size of my M2 case.

I say stay with the iPad - although the Air 2 may stammer a bit processing the HD Live View. I upgraded to a 10.5 inch iPad Pro a year or so ago, and it works great. If you do go with the standard remote / iPad setup, consider a Mavmount tablet holder. They are more costly than other options, but they are the best.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Radpuppy
Android verses iOS. If you’re not familiar with the Android system it may be something to consider. iOS for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore