DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 video files - first look (default and d-log)

Aerial West

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Hey guys... so i was able to run out after wrestling a bit with a controller update, and was able to capture some footage just at sunset. we didn't have a ton of clouds for a real interesting sunset, and i don't have ND filters, so i didn't set cam controls... I let her go because I was losing light quick. But here's my first look.

i was a good distance here too.. impressive range.

So please, feel free to download the two files. I am flying around a pier, so water, reflections, waves, and lots of houses to look for artifacts and such. For those that can do post coloring, there's a D-log file as well.

3840x2160 30fps default color profile.MP4
3840x2160 30fps d-log color profile.MP4

Dropbox - mavmount.com - mavic 2 - Simplify your life

i hope this helps anyone that is looking to see what sort of footage you can get. I flew a bunch today before i could get the update down, but i'm not sure you guys want to see that footage. I'll save it for tomorrow.

My girl:

mavic2 mavmount adapter.jpg

Reactions: Skyscope
Thanks for the samples! Really good choice for a "torture test" – the relatively low light, high detail scene would've been a total mush with MP1. Now it looks amazingly crisp, without having any of that oversharpened look either that MP1 clips were famous for. Amazing stuff, really.

Reactions: Aerial West
Thank you very much. I've played with it, and I'm very surprised how good it is. With D-Log-M you don't even need a Camera LUT, using curves gives you very good results. Couldn't be easier.

Haha, you beat me to the punch, I did the same thing:
COLOR GRADED

Reactions: Skyscope
Thank you very much. I've played with it, and I'm very surprised how good it is. With D-Log-M you don't even need a Camera LUT, using curves gives you very good results. Couldn't be easier.

I read you used neat video, was it not acceptable quality without it or ISO noise? I've not noticed the awful GOP the original mavic suffered with. Thanks.

I read you used neat video, was it not acceptable quality without it or ISO noise?

Sorry for the title in the video, it's actually misleading. I used Neat Video mainly for sharpening, not for noise reduction. In fact, noise reduction wasn't really necessary (wich surprised me), but nevertheless I applied some, just about 15%.

Sorry for the title in the video, it's actually misleading. I used Neat Video mainly for sharpening, not for noise reduction. In fact, noise reduction wasn't really necessary (wich surprised me), but nevertheless I applied some, just about 15%.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I have neat video but it adds so much time to the process so would be nice to avoid if possible!

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I have neat video but it adds so much time to the process so would be nice to avoid if possible!

Thats what im hoping. With mavic 1 neat video was needed for every single clip due to the pulsing effect. It more than quadruples the render time.

From what I've seen in many clips I got from different sources, there isn't any GOP flickering anymore. But with DLog-M footage I got better results with a little bit of sharpening in post, because obviously there isn't any in camera sharpening too (which I prefer). Of course it's up to you if you use Neat Video or for example an unsharp mask or something else...

Id rather not use neat video.

The Sharpening+1 crutch was annoying as well. If i can shoot video thats easy to post process that doesn't flicker that'll be great.

I'm wondering if it will be worth sharpness +1 to turn off the noise reduction and then do all the noise reduction in post. Argh... need my **** drone so I can do some testing!

I'm wondering if it will be worth sharpness +1 to turn off the noise reduction and then do all the noise reduction in post. Argh... need my **** drone so I can do some testing!
That could not be needed at all with the m2 though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard