DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 was stuck in a no fly zone

davshev

Reactions
A few months ago I was flying my Mavic pro 2. Unbeknownst to me, I must have been near a no fly zone. Once I started trying to bring the drone back to me, I began getting warnings that I was in a restricted area. I tried to use the exact same route coming back in as I did going out, but the Mavic kept getting stuck in the no fly zone and I couldn't make it come back. That's when I started panicking. I couldn't seem to land it or go far in any direction. Eventually, the battery ran critically low and I lost the signal.
I used the find my drone feature and luckily found where it had landed. Has anyone ever had something like this happen?

I tested trying to fly into one here at our prison and have the screenshots on my Mac of it. I tryed to spin up in it and no go, went outside the circle and did. Tryed to fly in and it stoped. Could go up or side to side like I almost could fly around it but didn’t try. I don’t know how you even got in one.
I could see like If you were in a area and then it became a nfz
not being able to get out . Maybe someone can explain
the issue you had.

I tested trying to fly into one here at our prison and have the screenshots on my Mac of it. I tryed to spin up in it and no go, went outside the circle and did. Tryed to fly in and it stoped. Could go up or side to side like I almost could fly around it but didn’t try. I don’t know how you even got in one.
I could see like If you were in a area and then it became a nfz
not being able to get out . Maybe someone can explain
the issue you had.
That was my thought. How was the drone able to get into an area, but then not able to get out.

It sounds like a combination of factors. The explanation is probably in the log files, if the OP wants to post them.
Thanks sar. Ball is in your court now @davshev .

Until the OP post the log files anything is just speculation. Maybe he will post them so sar can say for sure what happened.

Reactions: Thomas B
That’s all I can think off.

Well the op was on today and not sure why he didn’t respond
back to this so. ?‍♂️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_