DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 zoom wont zoom

DannyDieHard

Reactions
Ok , before it worked perfect the zoom with the right side dial and with the app now in the app the bar that measure the zoom distance had numbers now it doesnt and I cant zoom through the app nor the right side dial but it keeps trying to auto focus alot , like dam near evry minute it will do it once or twice , is it a setting I touched and changed or could it be firmware ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-074126.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-074126.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200324_074250.jpg
    20200324_074250.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 94
As I posted in the other thread, try switching to auto focus. What you have in the red circle is not a zoom meter. Tap on the icon in upper right that shows “af/mf”.

I did and it doesn't switch at all , I tried holding down on it nothing I tried tapping it , now the little lock on the side does work when I tap it it locks I tap again it unlocks idk I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the app brb

I’m not an Android fan and certainly not an expert with that system.
Try a different device.

Not the app I uninstalled and reinstalled and that function is still stuck it wont switch when I tap on it its stays on mf , I used this phone for 58 flights and it always worked , common sence it's not the device .

I think when it updated it updated to the regular Mavic pro 2 firmware and not the zooms. Or the splash ,I looked in my files and it has a file labeled dji splash but nothing about a mavic .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325-044528.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325-044528.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 31
Not sure you can download the wrong firmware, but I have never tried that, so I’m not 100% sure.
Would you be able to try to download a correct version?

No I didnt pick it's the automatic updates I'm talking about. When updated last it screwed evrything up but I was playing with the gimbal settings trying to get ir to center right . And I had to update so I did the update and then it just stopped zooming and the gimbal still doesnt center lol just my luck. And I'm writing to Dji but seems their only answer to evrything is send it in dont do it urself. Of course then they charge an arm and a leg for something you could have done urself. They wanted over 300 bucks to change out the gimbal plus the price of the new gimbal on top of that ,I bought the gimbal for 116 bucks and did it myself. They are wayyyy to over priced on evrything. Now owning the zoom this drone is not worth no 12 hundred dollars .

Let me make sure I understand this. You bought a zoom camera/gimbal for 116.00 and installed it on your aircraft?

Are you asking what the difference between a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic 2 Zoom is?

Yes , magic pro 2 zoom isnt it ?
And yeah cause the only difference I thought they had was that the pro didnt zoom and the zoom did , is any other difference between the 2?

I don’t understand this. I meant to say if the pro is better then they stepped down by making the zoom , dont u think ? And that's if its better like I said I havnt had the pleasure of flying one this is my first dji. But I fly fpv for a little over 2 years now. I see this drone like a school bus compared to the ones I fly but a school bus that flys verry far lol cause it doesnt barrel roll or flip thats why I call a school bus ,

You can be sure of that.

Yeah they make a killing. I love the technology that allows us to fly far , I dont have that with my fpv drones , this is 5 mile radius , that's alot of airspace to fly.

You could try refreshing the firmware through Assistant.
I'm not sure if Zoom wheel on remote is dependent on app. I do know C1/C2/5p buttons are dependent on the app, as they cease to function if you have an app crash mid-flight. If the zoom does work independently from the app, then you have a firmware or hardware issue.

Let me make sure I understand this. You bought a zoom camera/gimbal for 116.00 and installed it on your aircraft?
Understood correctly with out the cam the gimbal motors wires except the cam , and I installed it on my mavic zoom . And I'm sorry I am new to using forums and still trying to understand how the comment and answers work I find it very confusing , like u said post 11 and I was looking for a post #11 on the main page lol sorry ,but yeah I paid 116 for it. I mounted the gimbal and saw that it was facing side ways so I took it off and turned it all 3 diffrent ways and it still faces the same way towards the left so trying to fix that issue I ran into this problem ,now it doesnt zoom and I tried the assistant on another laptop and it said to update and fails at 93% but it keeps telling me it found abnormal firmware between the components but it wont fix it. It keeps failing all downloads

Attachments

• 20200326_211026.jpg
    20200326_211026.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 19
It would be helpful if you provide the history on this whole issue.
Why the work on the camera system in the first place?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54