DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO 2

martianbear

Reactions
Hello Guys,

Has anyone find out if the new Mavic s pro 2 will have a similar price as the Mavic Pro? With the Current Duty war between US and China you never know what the future will bring...dont get rid of your old mavic yet...it may cost much more soon..

No pricing as been spoken about. It's safe to assume the version with the 12Mp sensor but new gimbal will be close to the current MPP, and the 1" sensor (20MP I assume) will approach the price point of a P4. Also I assume that DJI will still have the fly more combos for the new Mavics, so again add in around 350.00 more for a combo.

Paul C

Reactions: martianbear
Let's not get sidetracked - the OP was referring to those of us who are addicted to some high quality airborne camera junk ...all in fun ;p

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Hello Guys,

Has anyone find out if the new Mavic s pro 2 will have a similar price as the Mavic Pro? With the Current Duty war between US and China you never know what the future will bring...dont get rid of your old mavic yet...it may cost much more soon..

You do realise that the rest of the world doesn;t live in the US so the toy throwing contest the orange wonder started wont affect most people?

It seems likely the 1" sensor mavic 2 will cost a fair bit more than the basic zoom version.

It's safe to assume the version with the 12Mp sensor but new gimbal will be close to the current MPP, and the 1" sensor (20MP I assume)

I really hope that isn't the case, making the sensor size more than increasing resolution mainly nullifies the benefits of a bigger sensor in the first place!

So here's my take on the what's being announced in 2 days, based on me scouring the internet in my spare time. DJI will announce 3 new Mavics. The Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, and finally the Mavic 2 Enterprise.

Mavic 2 Zoom:
  • Features the same sensor size as the current Mavic Pro.
  • Up to 2x Optical Zoom
  • Speculation: Likely to be priced at $899-$1099
Mavic 2 Pro:
  • Features a 1-inch Hasselblad CMOS sensor
  • No zoom
  • Maybe to be called "Mavic 2" (no "Pro")
  • Speculation: Likely to be priced at $899-$1099
DJI-Mavic-2.jpg

dji-mavic-2-a.jpg.optimal.jpg

Mavic 2 Enterprise:
  • High-end model of the drone
  • Features the zoom sensor, but possibly more advanced
  • Allows for mounting accessories to the top of the drone
  • Unconfirmed: Equivalent to the Phantom 4 Pro in capabilities, plus more
  • Unconfirmed: Detachable arms
  • Speculation: Likely to be priced around $1099-$1499
Mavic-2-Enterprise-Edition.jpg

All Models:
  • Obstacle avoidance in all directions, but up
  • 31 Minute flight time
  • Ocusync with up to 7 km range
  • Foldable
  • 3-axis reinforced gimbals
I hope this helps and turns out to be accurate.

Last edited:
Not sure why you just randomly guessed "recommended prices". There's been absolutely nothing to suggest any of those figures. They also look substantially on the low side.

the 1" sensor makes me confused about the phantom lines.....if the new Mavic has the same quality of the phantom 4 pro, all the phantom models (except a new phantom 5) will be useless....

Not sure why you just randomly guessed "recommended prices". There's been absolutely nothing to suggest any of those figures. They also look substantially on the low side.
It's not a random guess. I basically looked around on the net and added my own hypothesis based on DJI's pricing history. I could be completely wrong, but these are my estimates. Also nowhere did I say "recommended prices".

the 1" sensor makes me confused about the phantom lines.....if the new Mavic has the same quality of the phantom 4 pro, all the phantom models (except a new phantom 5) will be useless....
Well they will go down in price. The Phantom 5 will be the flagship drone, discounting prosumer drones, the phantom 4 will be priced around or less than the Mavic. Just a guess. Yes, a guess.

As theres nothing on the net except someone elses guesses recycling that really isnt useful.

I also fail to see how the mavic 2 can cost less at release than the mavic 1 does currently in most regions....

Reactions: Lopez0015
As theres nothing on the net except someone elses guesses recycling that really isnt useful.

I also fail to see how the mavic 2 can cost less at release than the mavic 1 does currently in most regions....
I've added the word speculation to the prices, to make it clear that they're not confirmed prices. But as for lower prices, it could be to kill competition. The new iPhone X this fall will be cheaper than the predecessor as well, for example.

I feel the urge to start a discussion on the upcoming Mavic 3
The Mavic 3, a machine so revolutionary, it can fly.

Introducing TruVR! Now you can feel the wind rush as you fly with the goggles. Get an appreciation for the true windspeeds as you fly high in the sky. Using the DJI Goggles on the latest FW, it can create a wind tunnel that simulates what the Mavic is going through as it flies. :p

The Mavic 3, a machine so revolutionary, it can fly.

Introducing TruVR! Now you can feel the wind rush as you fly with the goggles. Get an appreciation for the true windspeeds as you fly high in the sky. Using the DJI Goggles on the latest FW, it can create a wind tunnel that simulates what the Mavic is going through as it flies. :p

All of that is achieved because, unlike the 2, you fold the Mavic 3 in from it's unfolded state to fly it.

The Mavic 3 Pro(pless) will be $500 More and will have the added ability of not having to use the silly propellers thus making it 100% quieter than the normal Mavic 3.

Another neat feature is the Dance mode.
When activated, the Mavic will stop flying and dance like those coke cans or sunflowers when it "hears" music.

More than one Mavic at the get together? No problem.
Party mode will chain them together letting you create those "Mavic congas".

Mavic Pro 3....for when the Mavic Pro 2 just isn't enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54