DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro 2

My pro 2 stops in mid flight then starts again then stops again , happens in flying with Stix forward and in return to home mode.
Any ideas, thank you
sounds like it is mistaking the bright sun for an obstacle does it happen on a dull day or if you are flying away from the sun

Not sure, but today’s flight was probably flying in to the sun
Well, not sure if it's the sun then because it did the same thing on the return trip home meaning the aircraft turned 180 degrees from the sun on the return trip if you flew out straight.

Can you give any other information such as height, obstacles around, warnings. You may want to post your flight logs which may or will show what was going on.

Reactions: old man mavic
Tested this morning and it does happen while heading into the sun, this never happened before. What can I do to fix this? Thank you for your reply back.
i believe you can turn off the forwards facing sensors in the app ,and if in sport mode they are disabled, other than that you can always yaw round and fly across the sun till you find what you want to film it is something that just happens if you try to fly directly into the sun

i believe you can turn off the forwards facing sensors in the app ,and if in sport mode they are disabled, other than that you can always yaw round and fly across the sun till you find what you want to film it is something that just happens if you try to fly directly into the sun
The glare from the sun can cause the sensors to think there is an obstacle in front and also clean the sensors with a q tip or something make sure there is no bugs or any debris on the sensors that can also cause it to stop

Thank you

My pro 2 stops in mid flight then starts again then stops again , happens in flying with Stix forward and in return to home mode.
Any ideas, thank you
Perhaps a bit off topic but since my M2P was replaced under care refresh about 6 months ago the sun does not fool my forward sensors like it used to.They do work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead