DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro activation problems

Kalakin

Reactions
Hey guys, I just received my Mavic Pro and I'm really excited to fly it however I stumbled upon a couple issues. First off, I tried to activate my Mavic Pro but I must be pretty retarded because I'm not so sure what I need to connect it to. I just realized I'm in a NFZ, can I still activate the drone regardless? I tried to follow the DJI pairing video but it didn't work, which I assume is because of the NFZ?

Also, in the top left corner of the DJI Go app, it says disconnected. I'm not so sure how to fix that. My phone is a Nexus 6P. Apparently it's not supported. Can I still use it? I have an iphone 5 lying around which I think is too old, and I could borrow a 4th gen ipad if necessary.

Thanks for the help!

I use the the 6P, works just fine, I recommend disabling local video cache, that seems to have helped with stability.

You will need to connect (IE - see connected in upper left corner) to be able to register. I'm assuming you have the GO app installed? I recommend you try a different usb cable and try the usb port on the bottom of the remote controller.

I'm near the middle of an unlockable NFZ (in the UK) and I was able to connect my MP eventually after many attempts, finally uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go app. But of course you will need a compatible phone or tablet.
As a by the by, my phone is not listed as compatible (One plus One) but I kept on trying and eventually I was successful.
So don't give up.

Thank you all for your help. It was the god **** usb cable that came in the box that wasn't working. Found one in my big drawer of cables (thank god I keep them all) that worked. There were no updates but it downloaded a recent NFZ list and I could go in the camera mode on the go 4 app, so I believe it works now. I just need to calibrate the thing, and get away from my house which is in a NFZ unfortunately.

Edit: Okay so it seems I can only fly while on wifi mode, when it's on RC mode, I can't go into the camera in the dji go 4 app, it says disconnected.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help. It was the god **** usb cable that came in the box that wasn't working. Found one in my big drawer of cables (thank god I keep them all) that worked. There were no updates but it downloaded a recent NFZ list and I could go in the camera mode on the go 4 app, so I believe it works now. I just need to calibrate the thing, and get away from my house which is in a NFZ unfortunately.

Edit: Okay so it seems I can only fly while on wifi mode, when it's on RC mode, I can't go into the camera in the dji go 4 app, it says disconnected.

Did you try connecting to the usb on the bottom of the RC (not side)?

I did, didn't seem to work. Tried with the ipad, worked on the first try. Seems ridiculous that it wouldn't work on a Nexus 6P.

As a by the by, my phone is not listed as compatible (One plus One) but I kept on trying and eventually I was successful.
So don't give up.

Do you turn on the controller/MP until it says connected on your phone over and over again?

I did, didn't seem to work. Tried with the ipad, worked on the first try. Seems ridiculous that it wouldn't work on a Nexus 6P.

Do you turn on the controller/MP until it says connected on your phone over and over again?
Ok - good so Ipad works. You may find that IOS devices work the best or most seamless with dji's software. Many of us run android without any problems but from time to time issues pop up. I decided early on that I did not want to to use a daily driver device for my drones and have not had issues with clean installed android with only flight related apps running.

That's what I was thinking about. Might grab a cheap phone that's on the recommended list...
I happened to have a few new in box Note 5's and literally only loaded the dji app and it works just fine. I tried a Ipad Mini 4 but the screen was too DIM so I went back to the Note.

I assume you don't need a plan on the phone as it only acts as a camera correct?

No plan needed but you will want to update your maps via WIFI before you head out. Another advantage of Andriod is that you will have a GPS vs an Ipad that is not cellular capable will not.

Reactions: c36steve
Great, thank you for the help. I guess that's my only option left. I'll go and order a Note 5, they don't seem too expensive.

Tried that but it didn't work, hence "after many attempts, finally uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go app".

I've reinstalled twice, it didn't seem to make a difference to me.
Sorry to hear that. 'Fraid as a newbie that's the only advice I can offer, but good luck with your efforts. Perhaps you will report back here when you solve the problem.

Great, thank you for the help. I guess that's my only option left. I'll go and order a Note 5, they don't seem too expensive.

If I were buying something android today I'd take a look at the Nvidia Shield K1 as many folks have had good/great results. You will need to pick up a used one as they are no longer sold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98