DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro AEB Issues

HDRs to me tend to look noisy and have that overprocessed look. And they're JPG so fairly impossible to correct.

Far better off doing an AEB (or better, a manual AEB selecting a sensible range not the 0.67 stop fixed).

You can take a few side by side shots to compare but ive never found the HDR to be acceptable image quality wise.

Reactions: mfc
Not really because you're giving up all "control" to how the finished product looks to the Mavic. I've done a few "Mavic HDR" and they were very unimpressive to say the least. YMMV

That's what suspected. Haven't had time to try it but sounds as though I should stick to AEB5 when I need it. Thanks!

Reactions: BigAl07
Auto AEB is limited for high dynamic range scenes due to the restriction in spreads. A fixed 2/3 stop between shots is far far too small for a lot of scenes, sunsets etc.

At MOST you're going to be -1.5 +1.5 stops (so spread of 3ev). This is far too small.

In the example below (its a terrible photo, just used as an example). On pushing the original file there was a 7 stop difference between parts of the image to get a proper exposure. This isn't possible with the auto AEB setting and means you have to severely push shadows (with associated noise) to get a final image.

DJI_0393-HDR.jpg

So the best way is a manual bracket altering by a stop or more per shot to get the range needed OR if you do use AEB, do it twice, once at a 0 ev bias and again at say -2 bias - this leads you with 10 shots and just select a few sensibly spread to merge to HDR.

For some reason DJI has never introduced a customisable AEB spread on any of their consumer drones that i know about.

Reactions: BigAl07
Auto AEB is limited for high dynamic range scenes due to the restriction in spreads. A fixed 2/3 stop between shots is far far too small for a lot of scenes, sunsets etc.

At MOST you're going to be -1.5 +1.5 stops (so spread of 3ev). This is far too small.

In the example below (its a terrible photo, just used as an example). On pushing the original file there was a 7 stop difference between parts of the image to get a proper exposure. This isn't possible with the auto AEB setting and means you have to severely push shadows (with associated noise) to get a final image.

View attachment 76867

So the best way is a manual bracket altering by a stop or more per shot to get the range needed OR if you do use AEB, do it twice, once at a 0 ev bias and again at say -2 bias - this leads you with 10 shots and just select a few sensibly spread to merge to HDR.

For some reason DJI has never introduced a customisable AEB spread on any of their consumer drones that i know about.

That''s always baffled me as well. I even submitted a suggestion to DJI back in the Phantom3 days to allow a much wider delta for the AEB. I got the "template" reply, "Thank you for your request. We will forward it to our team. Be sure to watch the DJI website for announements and updates... Blah Blah Blah.." In other words they deleted my email and said, "NEXT".....

Reactions: mfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000